Teenage musician tipped for stardom after following Ed Sheeran at Hampstead pub
- Credit: Archant
A teenage musician has been tipped for stardom after she followed in the footsteps of folk star Ed Sheeran by performing at a Hampstead pub.
Singer-songwriter Antigoni Buxton showcased her talents before a packed crowd at the Duke of Hamilton in New End last Thursday.
The 17-year-old performed self-penned material on her Justin Bieber-signed guitar at the pub’s monthly Jukebox Night, which was also a platform for 22-year-old singer Sheeran before he hit the big time.
Antigoni, who juggles her burgeoning music career with A-level studies, said: “I like to keep my music unproduced and natural. I was nervous on the night, but I think it went well. People seemed to really like it.”
Duke of Hamilton landlord Steve Coxshall said: “Antigoni is one of the most amazing songwriters I’ve come across.
You may also want to watch:
“When she was 14 she was writing songs that will be hits one day. She’s just got a natural ability to write songs that people remember. She’s incredibly talented.”
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives