Teenage musician tipped for stardom after following Ed Sheeran at Hampstead pub
- Credit: Archant
A teenage musician has been tipped for stardom after she followed in the footsteps of folk star Ed Sheeran by performing at a Hampstead pub.
Singer-songwriter Antigoni Buxton showcased her talents before a packed crowd at the Duke of Hamilton in New End last Thursday.
The 17-year-old performed self-penned material on her Justin Bieber-signed guitar at the pub’s monthly Jukebox Night, which was also a platform for 22-year-old singer Sheeran before he hit the big time.
Antigoni, who juggles her burgeoning music career with A-level studies, said: “I like to keep my music unproduced and natural. I was nervous on the night, but I think it went well. People seemed to really like it.”
Duke of Hamilton landlord Steve Coxshall said: “Antigoni is one of the most amazing songwriters I’ve come across.
You may also want to watch:
“When she was 14 she was writing songs that will be hits one day. She’s just got a natural ability to write songs that people remember. She’s incredibly talented.”
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council