Teenage musician tipped for stardom after following Ed Sheeran at Hampstead pub
- Credit: Archant
A teenage musician has been tipped for stardom after she followed in the footsteps of folk star Ed Sheeran by performing at a Hampstead pub.
Singer-songwriter Antigoni Buxton showcased her talents before a packed crowd at the Duke of Hamilton in New End last Thursday.
The 17-year-old performed self-penned material on her Justin Bieber-signed guitar at the pub’s monthly Jukebox Night, which was also a platform for 22-year-old singer Sheeran before he hit the big time.
Antigoni, who juggles her burgeoning music career with A-level studies, said: “I like to keep my music unproduced and natural. I was nervous on the night, but I think it went well. People seemed to really like it.”
Duke of Hamilton landlord Steve Coxshall said: “Antigoni is one of the most amazing songwriters I’ve come across.
You may also want to watch:
“When she was 14 she was writing songs that will be hits one day. She’s just got a natural ability to write songs that people remember. She’s incredibly talented.”
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath