Teenage musician tipped for stardom after following Ed Sheeran at Hampstead pub
- Credit: Archant
A teenage musician has been tipped for stardom after she followed in the footsteps of folk star Ed Sheeran by performing at a Hampstead pub.
Singer-songwriter Antigoni Buxton showcased her talents before a packed crowd at the Duke of Hamilton in New End last Thursday.
The 17-year-old performed self-penned material on her Justin Bieber-signed guitar at the pub’s monthly Jukebox Night, which was also a platform for 22-year-old singer Sheeran before he hit the big time.
Antigoni, who juggles her burgeoning music career with A-level studies, said: “I like to keep my music unproduced and natural. I was nervous on the night, but I think it went well. People seemed to really like it.”
Duke of Hamilton landlord Steve Coxshall said: “Antigoni is one of the most amazing songwriters I’ve come across.
“When she was 14 she was writing songs that will be hits one day. She’s just got a natural ability to write songs that people remember. She’s incredibly talented.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week