Teen sentenced for three robberies in four days
AN 18-year-old has been sentenced to two and a half years in a young offenders institution for a string of robberies. Sebbak Abdalghani, of Tynemouth Road, Tottenham, has been sentenced to 30 months detention for three robberies in February. The first of
AN 18-year-old has been sentenced to two and a half years in a young offenders' institution for a string of robberies.
Sebbak Abdalghani, of Tynemouth Road, Tottenham, has been sentenced to 30 months detention for three robberies in February.
The first offence happened on February 18 at 8.15pm. A man was walking along Florence Road near Crouch Hill when Abdalghani grabbed him from behind and stole his phone. The next day, at 5pm, a man was walking along the Parkland Walk towards Finsbury Park when he was grabbed from behind and robbed of two mobile phones.
And two days later, at 6.30pm, a man was walking along Upper Tollington Park near Finsbury Park when Abdalghani approached him holding a broken glass. He threatened the victim with the glass and stole his mobile phone and cash.
You may also want to watch:
After the sentencing at Wood Green Crown Court last Wednesday, Det Con Tina Young said: "I believe Abdalghani would have continued offending if he had not been caught.
- 1 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 2 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 'She means the world': Councillor's plea to bring home missing cat Evey
- 7 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 8 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 9 'Real harm to wildlife': Invasive crayfish in Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 10 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street