Teen sentenced for three robberies in four days
AN 18-year-old has been sentenced to two and a half years in a young offenders institution for a string of robberies. Sebbak Abdalghani, of Tynemouth Road, Tottenham, has been sentenced to 30 months detention for three robberies in February. The first of
AN 18-year-old has been sentenced to two and a half years in a young offenders' institution for a string of robberies.
Sebbak Abdalghani, of Tynemouth Road, Tottenham, has been sentenced to 30 months detention for three robberies in February.
The first offence happened on February 18 at 8.15pm. A man was walking along Florence Road near Crouch Hill when Abdalghani grabbed him from behind and stole his phone. The next day, at 5pm, a man was walking along the Parkland Walk towards Finsbury Park when he was grabbed from behind and robbed of two mobile phones.
And two days later, at 6.30pm, a man was walking along Upper Tollington Park near Finsbury Park when Abdalghani approached him holding a broken glass. He threatened the victim with the glass and stole his mobile phone and cash.
You may also want to watch:
After the sentencing at Wood Green Crown Court last Wednesday, Det Con Tina Young said: "I believe Abdalghani would have continued offending if he had not been caught.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike