Teen faces jail for Maida Vale rampage
A TEENAGE driver who topped 90 miles an hour on a suburban street to escape police was warned he faces jail today (Weds). Nico Coleman, 19, roared off with a car full of passengers after police gave chase in the early hours around Maida Vale. Officers spe
A TEENAGE driver who topped 90 miles an hour on a suburban street to escape police was warned he faces jail today (Weds).
Nico Coleman, 19, roared off with a car full of passengers after police gave chase in the early hours around Maida Vale.
Officers sped after the black Honda Civic down a maze of streets including St John's Wood Road, Hamilton Terrace and Shirland Road.
In his bid to shake them off Coleman jumped three sets of red lights, causing other drivers to slam on their brakes.
You may also want to watch:
Police continued their hunt and eventually found the still-hot car pulled up in a nearby estate and Coleman was arrested.
At a hearing held at Southwark Crown Court, Judge Anthony Pitts allowed him bail as before ahead of sentence on September 16.
- 1 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 2 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods
Judge Pitts warned him: "This seems a very serious case of dangerous driving. Custody is a very likely option."
He gave him an immediate 12-month driving ban.
Coleman, of Lowfield Road, Camden, admitted dangerous driving on March 8 this year.