Teen faces jail for Maida Vale rampage
A TEENAGE driver who topped 90 miles an hour on a suburban street to escape police was warned he faces jail today (Weds). Nico Coleman, 19, roared off with a car full of passengers after police gave chase in the early hours around Maida Vale. Officers spe
A TEENAGE driver who topped 90 miles an hour on a suburban street to escape police was warned he faces jail today (Weds).
Nico Coleman, 19, roared off with a car full of passengers after police gave chase in the early hours around Maida Vale.
Officers sped after the black Honda Civic down a maze of streets including St John's Wood Road, Hamilton Terrace and Shirland Road.
In his bid to shake them off Coleman jumped three sets of red lights, causing other drivers to slam on their brakes.
You may also want to watch:
Police continued their hunt and eventually found the still-hot car pulled up in a nearby estate and Coleman was arrested.
At a hearing held at Southwark Crown Court, Judge Anthony Pitts allowed him bail as before ahead of sentence on September 16.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 6 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 9 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
Judge Pitts warned him: "This seems a very serious case of dangerous driving. Custody is a very likely option."
He gave him an immediate 12-month driving ban.
Coleman, of Lowfield Road, Camden, admitted dangerous driving on March 8 this year.