Teen faces jail for Maida Vale rampage
A TEENAGE driver who topped 90 miles an hour on a suburban street to escape police was warned he faces jail today (Weds). Nico Coleman, 19, roared off with a car full of passengers after police gave chase in the early hours around Maida Vale. Officers spe
A TEENAGE driver who topped 90 miles an hour on a suburban street to escape police was warned he faces jail today (Weds).
Nico Coleman, 19, roared off with a car full of passengers after police gave chase in the early hours around Maida Vale.
Officers sped after the black Honda Civic down a maze of streets including St John's Wood Road, Hamilton Terrace and Shirland Road.
In his bid to shake them off Coleman jumped three sets of red lights, causing other drivers to slam on their brakes.
You may also want to watch:
Police continued their hunt and eventually found the still-hot car pulled up in a nearby estate and Coleman was arrested.
At a hearing held at Southwark Crown Court, Judge Anthony Pitts allowed him bail as before ahead of sentence on September 16.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 7 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
Judge Pitts warned him: "This seems a very serious case of dangerous driving. Custody is a very likely option."
He gave him an immediate 12-month driving ban.
Coleman, of Lowfield Road, Camden, admitted dangerous driving on March 8 this year.