Teen cyclist shot in Regent’s Park
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was shot in the foot while cycling through Regent’s Park.
The victim told police he was cycling around the grounds between 11.30pm and 12.30am on Monday when he was shot in the ankle.
Police said the shooting happened in or near Albany Street.
Officers were called to a north London hospital where staff were treating the 17-year-old – removing a bullet from his foot.
A police spokesman said: “His injuries were not life-threatening and he has been discharged from hospital.”
Since the shooting police have launched an appeal for information.
Anyone who can help should call Det Con Simon Carson on 0207 230 9737 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 4 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 7 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 8 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 9 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.