Taylor can't wait for injured Eduardo to get back on scoring trail
Birmingham City s Martin Taylor can t wait for Eduardo to return to football and hit the back of the net again. The defender has had death threats since the tackle that broke Eduardo s leg in last Saturday s drawn game at St Andrews and in an interview w
Birmingham City's Martin Taylor can't wait for Eduardo to return to football and hit the back of the net again.
The defender has had death threats since the tackle that broke Eduardo's leg in last Saturday's drawn game at St Andrews and in an interview with The Independent he said. "The injury was terrible. When he gets back to fitness and puts the ball in the net for Arsenal for the first time, we will all feel much better."
"I will be really happy on the day when I see he is back in the Arsenal and Croatia line-ups and scoring goals again."
"I went to see him (Eduardo) on Saturday but, unfortunately, he was still recovering from an operation, so first thing on Sunday morning I went to the hospital and he was really good to see me."
You may also want to watch:
Birmingham boss Alex McLeish paid tribute to Eduardo for helping his captain to deal with the trauma.
"He's been really brightened by Eduardo's approach to the whole thing," he told the BBC.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
The Croatia international has described the tackle as "an unfortunate situation".