Taxi stuck in pothole caused by burst water main in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
A taxi became stuck in a gaping 5ft sinkhole caused by a burst water main in Hampstead this morning.
The incident happened in New End at the corner of Well Walk at about 7am.
The cab is no longer at the scene and the pothole has been cordoned off.
A Thames Water engineer is working with a repair team today on a plan to fix the pipe and road.
The pipe is likely to be repaired this afternoon but roadworks will extend into the weekend to fix the sinkhole.
You may also want to watch:
A Thames Water spokesman said: “We’re really sorry to anyone affected by the burst pipe today.
“Our engineers have stopped the flow of water and are now focused on repairing the pipe and getting the road back to normal as soon as possible.”
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town