Taxi driver stabbed in vicious attack
A MINICAB driver suffered an horrific attack when he was stabbed and bottled after picking up passengers in West Hampstead. Two men turned on the 31-year-old driver after he picked them up at an address at about 6am on Tuesday. He was immediately hit over
A MINICAB driver suffered an horrific attack when he was stabbed and bottled after picking up passengers in West Hampstead.
Two men turned on the 31-year-old driver after he picked them up at an address at about 6am on Tuesday.
He was immediately hit over the head with the bottle and then dragged from the car and stabbed twice in the lower body.
The victim managed to drive himself to West Hampstead police station where police gave him first aid before he was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are not believed to be life threatening, say police.
Det Sgt Will Cole, of Camden's violent crime unit, said: "We have made arrests in relation to this incident and a rigorous investigation is underway. Anyone with information is urged to contact us on the phone numbers provided."
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
Two youths, aged 16 and 18, have been arrested and released on bail to return to a central London police station in March.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is urged to call Camden police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.