Taxi driver stabbed in vicious attack
A MINICAB driver suffered an horrific attack when he was stabbed and bottled after picking up passengers in West Hampstead. Two men turned on the 31-year-old driver after he picked them up at an address at about 6am on Tuesday. He was immediately hit over
A MINICAB driver suffered an horrific attack when he was stabbed and bottled after picking up passengers in West Hampstead.
Two men turned on the 31-year-old driver after he picked them up at an address at about 6am on Tuesday.
He was immediately hit over the head with the bottle and then dragged from the car and stabbed twice in the lower body.
The victim managed to drive himself to West Hampstead police station where police gave him first aid before he was taken to hospital.
His injuries are not believed to be life threatening, say police.
Det Sgt Will Cole, of Camden's violent crime unit, said: "We have made arrests in relation to this incident and a rigorous investigation is underway. Anyone with information is urged to contact us on the phone numbers provided."
- 1 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 4 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 5 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 6 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 7 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 10 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
Two youths, aged 16 and 18, have been arrested and released on bail to return to a central London police station in March.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is urged to call Camden police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.