Taxi driver stabbed in vicious attack
A MINICAB driver suffered an horrific attack when he was stabbed and bottled after picking up passengers in West Hampstead. Two men turned on the 31-year-old driver after he picked them up at an address at about 6am on Tuesday. He was immediately hit over
A MINICAB driver suffered an horrific attack when he was stabbed and bottled after picking up passengers in West Hampstead.
Two men turned on the 31-year-old driver after he picked them up at an address at about 6am on Tuesday.
He was immediately hit over the head with the bottle and then dragged from the car and stabbed twice in the lower body.
The victim managed to drive himself to West Hampstead police station where police gave him first aid before he was taken to hospital.
His injuries are not believed to be life threatening, say police.
Det Sgt Will Cole, of Camden's violent crime unit, said: "We have made arrests in relation to this incident and a rigorous investigation is underway. Anyone with information is urged to contact us on the phone numbers provided."
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 Disabled swimmer loses court battle over Heath swimming prices
- 3 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 4 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 5 Golders Green house fire under investigation
- 6 Chalcots - Five Years On: Council admits deleting whistleblower emails
- 7 'Nuisance' noise 'reduced' at Noel Gallagher gig, says council
- 8 Muswell Hill man denies multiple sexual assaults in Camden and Islington
- 9 Boy George, Nile Rodgers and Noel Gallagher rock Kenwood House
- 10 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
Two youths, aged 16 and 18, have been arrested and released on bail to return to a central London police station in March.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is urged to call Camden police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.