Taxi driver stabbed in vicious attack
A MINICAB driver suffered an horrific attack when he was stabbed and bottled after picking up passengers in West Hampstead. Two men turned on the 31-year-old driver after he picked them up at an address at about 6am on Tuesday. He was immediately hit over
A MINICAB driver suffered an horrific attack when he was stabbed and bottled after picking up passengers in West Hampstead.
Two men turned on the 31-year-old driver after he picked them up at an address at about 6am on Tuesday.
He was immediately hit over the head with the bottle and then dragged from the car and stabbed twice in the lower body.
The victim managed to drive himself to West Hampstead police station where police gave him first aid before he was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are not believed to be life threatening, say police.
Det Sgt Will Cole, of Camden's violent crime unit, said: "We have made arrests in relation to this incident and a rigorous investigation is underway. Anyone with information is urged to contact us on the phone numbers provided."
- 1 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
Two youths, aged 16 and 18, have been arrested and released on bail to return to a central London police station in March.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is urged to call Camden police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.