TAMSIN'S BLOG: campers bed in for night at protest
Post 3: 4.30pm Thousands of campers are bedded in for the night and looking forward to peaceful protests throughout the evening. Those sleeping in tents on Bishopsgate include children and families and there is believed to be even more joining them after
Post 3: 4.30pm Thousands of campers are bedded in for the night and looking forward to peaceful protests throughout the evening. Those sleeping in tents on Bishopsgate include children and families and there is believed to be even more joining them after work....
"The camp is still going strong and still really lively. The weather has been incredible for us - its been a wonderful day. We will be staying tonight - good luck to anyone who thinks we can be moved I find it impossible to believe they will even try there are so many of us.
"There are lots of tents up and anyone who wants to join in should come on down. "There are families here and children and I think and hope this is sending a powerful message to the G20. This has gone really well and shows them the kind of community we want and the one we will work hard to bring about.
"This really has been lovely - we are having a big ceilidh at eight and then there will be a mobile cinema showing films and we'll have dinner.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope lots of people will join us, we've had great dealings with the police and city workers - everything has been really chilled. There has been none of the violence hyped up in the media - it's totally peaceful, anyone in London should just come and join in.
- 1 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 4 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 5 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 9 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 10 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'