TAMSIN'S BLOG: campers bed in for night at protest
Post 3: 4.30pm Thousands of campers are bedded in for the night and looking forward to peaceful protests throughout the evening. Those sleeping in tents on Bishopsgate include children and families and there is believed to be even more joining them after
Post 3: 4.30pm Thousands of campers are bedded in for the night and looking forward to peaceful protests throughout the evening. Those sleeping in tents on Bishopsgate include children and families and there is believed to be even more joining them after work....
"The camp is still going strong and still really lively. The weather has been incredible for us - its been a wonderful day. We will be staying tonight - good luck to anyone who thinks we can be moved I find it impossible to believe they will even try there are so many of us.
"There are lots of tents up and anyone who wants to join in should come on down. "There are families here and children and I think and hope this is sending a powerful message to the G20. This has gone really well and shows them the kind of community we want and the one we will work hard to bring about.
"This really has been lovely - we are having a big ceilidh at eight and then there will be a mobile cinema showing films and we'll have dinner.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope lots of people will join us, we've had great dealings with the police and city workers - everything has been really chilled. There has been none of the violence hyped up in the media - it's totally peaceful, anyone in London should just come and join in.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'