TAMSIN'S BLOG: campers bed in for night at protest
Post 3: 4.30pm Thousands of campers are bedded in for the night and looking forward to peaceful protests throughout the evening. Those sleeping in tents on Bishopsgate include children and families and there is believed to be even more joining them after
Post 3: 4.30pm Thousands of campers are bedded in for the night and looking forward to peaceful protests throughout the evening. Those sleeping in tents on Bishopsgate include children and families and there is believed to be even more joining them after work....
"The camp is still going strong and still really lively. The weather has been incredible for us - its been a wonderful day. We will be staying tonight - good luck to anyone who thinks we can be moved I find it impossible to believe they will even try there are so many of us.
"There are lots of tents up and anyone who wants to join in should come on down. "There are families here and children and I think and hope this is sending a powerful message to the G20. This has gone really well and shows them the kind of community we want and the one we will work hard to bring about.
"This really has been lovely - we are having a big ceilidh at eight and then there will be a mobile cinema showing films and we'll have dinner.
"We hope lots of people will join us, we've had great dealings with the police and city workers - everything has been really chilled. There has been none of the violence hyped up in the media - it's totally peaceful, anyone in London should just come and join in.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 4 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 7 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 8 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 9 Hornsey Exchange opening first step in bringing town hall 'back to life'
- 10 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'