Hampstead talk will explain residents’ rights when neighbours’ trees cause problems to their property
Hampstead residents will be able to find out about their legal rights when trees damage or overhang their property at an upcoming talk.
On Thursday, February 13, the Heath & Hampstead Society and Hampstead-based law firm Osbornes Law are presenting their 'glass-in-hand lecture' on the latest technical and legal issues surrounding the potential impact of trees, hedges and other plants on people's homes.
Jim Quaife, from the Arboricultural Association and Shilpa Mathuradas, partner and Head of Property Litigation at Osbornes Law, will be speaking.
Shilpa said: "Many people don't know their obligations or rights when dealing with trees in their own or in their neighbours' gardens, so we hope this event will help the local residents.
"While it is strange to be speaking about the problems which can arise from trees when we are in the midst of a climate emergency, trees are a common cause of neighbourhood disputes.
You may also want to watch:
"In my lecture I am going to deal with the duties between neighbours when it comes to trees as well as the remedies available when it comes to tree roots, branches and Japanese knotweed."
The 'glass in hand lecture' will take place at St Stephen's Church, Rosslyn Hill, NW3 2PP. Drinks and canapes service from 7pm. To book your free place call 020 7435 6497 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 10 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
The Heath & Hampstead Society fights to preserve the wild and natural state of the Heath; to maintain the character and amenities of Hampstead; and to promote the study of local history, natural history and conservation.