David Baddiel and Morwenna Banks help raise £1,500 for Camden Music Trust at sold-out Lauderdale House event
- Credit: Archant
Laughter filled the air at Lauderdale House on Friday night, as David Baddiel and Morwenna Banks helped raise cash for the Camden Music Trust.
At the sold-out event in Highgate, the couple told tales of their time in comedy, film, animation and children’s books.
Mr Baddiel rose to fame with the Mary Whitehouse Experience in the 1980s before teaming up with Frank Skinner to present Fantasy Football.
Meanwhile Ms Banks has starred in a number of TV comedies, and is the voice of several characters in children’s show Peppa Pig.
The event raised £1,500 for the Camden Music Trust, the mayor Jenny Headlam-Wells’ chosen charity. In total, £83,000 has been raised since last May.
You may also want to watch:
Her mayoral term will end later this month, with Kilburn councillor Maryam Eslamdoust replacing her.
Cllr Headlam-Wells said: “Thanks to Morwenna and David for generously giving their time to support my charity and providing such an enjoyable and fun evening.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 5 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 6 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases