David Baddiel and Morwenna Banks help raise £1,500 for Camden Music Trust at sold-out Lauderdale House event
- Credit: Archant
Laughter filled the air at Lauderdale House on Friday night, as David Baddiel and Morwenna Banks helped raise cash for the Camden Music Trust.
At the sold-out event in Highgate, the couple told tales of their time in comedy, film, animation and children’s books.
Mr Baddiel rose to fame with the Mary Whitehouse Experience in the 1980s before teaming up with Frank Skinner to present Fantasy Football.
Meanwhile Ms Banks has starred in a number of TV comedies, and is the voice of several characters in children’s show Peppa Pig.
The event raised £1,500 for the Camden Music Trust, the mayor Jenny Headlam-Wells’ chosen charity. In total, £83,000 has been raised since last May.
You may also want to watch:
Her mayoral term will end later this month, with Kilburn councillor Maryam Eslamdoust replacing her.
Cllr Headlam-Wells said: “Thanks to Morwenna and David for generously giving their time to support my charity and providing such an enjoyable and fun evening.”
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 6 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action