David Baddiel and Morwenna Banks help raise £1,500 for Camden Music Trust at sold-out Lauderdale House event
- Credit: Archant
Laughter filled the air at Lauderdale House on Friday night, as David Baddiel and Morwenna Banks helped raise cash for the Camden Music Trust.
At the sold-out event in Highgate, the couple told tales of their time in comedy, film, animation and children’s books.
Mr Baddiel rose to fame with the Mary Whitehouse Experience in the 1980s before teaming up with Frank Skinner to present Fantasy Football.
Meanwhile Ms Banks has starred in a number of TV comedies, and is the voice of several characters in children’s show Peppa Pig.
The event raised £1,500 for the Camden Music Trust, the mayor Jenny Headlam-Wells’ chosen charity. In total, £83,000 has been raised since last May.
You may also want to watch:
Her mayoral term will end later this month, with Kilburn councillor Maryam Eslamdoust replacing her.
Cllr Headlam-Wells said: “Thanks to Morwenna and David for generously giving their time to support my charity and providing such an enjoyable and fun evening.”
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?