Talacre's future is safe in council's hands
IN answer to Nick Harding s question, the future of Talacre community sports centre is safeguarded (What future for sports centre? H&H letters July 24). Talacre is one of our most successful leisure facilities, welcoming hundreds of visitors every week. I
IN answer to Nick Harding's question, the future of Talacre community sports centre is safeguarded (What future for sports centre? H&H letters July 24).
Talacre is one of our most successful leisure facilities, welcoming hundreds of visitors every week. Its continued success is of utmost importance to us and strongly influenced our handling of the planning application and road closure proposals relating to the Dalby Street development.
Planning permission was granted following careful assessment of the development, of the needs of Talacre Gardens and the sports centre, and following consultation with all necessary parties.
Since then, detailed highway proposals have been drawn up, which the Council believes would provide much safer road and pedestrian access. Following a public inquiry, an independently appointed Highways inspector also agreed the new proposed access would be an improvement and would better serve visitors to the centre. The final decision on access, taking account of all the issues, is expected to be made shortly.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant Director Planning
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?