Talacre's future is safe in council's hands
IN answer to Nick Harding s question, the future of Talacre community sports centre is safeguarded (What future for sports centre? H&H letters July 24). Talacre is one of our most successful leisure facilities, welcoming hundreds of visitors every week. I
IN answer to Nick Harding's question, the future of Talacre community sports centre is safeguarded (What future for sports centre? H&H letters July 24).
Talacre is one of our most successful leisure facilities, welcoming hundreds of visitors every week. Its continued success is of utmost importance to us and strongly influenced our handling of the planning application and road closure proposals relating to the Dalby Street development.
Planning permission was granted following careful assessment of the development, of the needs of Talacre Gardens and the sports centre, and following consultation with all necessary parties.
Since then, detailed highway proposals have been drawn up, which the Council believes would provide much safer road and pedestrian access. Following a public inquiry, an independently appointed Highways inspector also agreed the new proposed access would be an improvement and would better serve visitors to the centre. The final decision on access, taking account of all the issues, is expected to be made shortly.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant Director Planning
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue