Talacre's future is safe in council's hands
IN answer to Nick Harding s question, the future of Talacre community sports centre is safeguarded (What future for sports centre? H&H letters July 24). Talacre is one of our most successful leisure facilities, welcoming hundreds of visitors every week. I
IN answer to Nick Harding's question, the future of Talacre community sports centre is safeguarded (What future for sports centre? H&H letters July 24).
Talacre is one of our most successful leisure facilities, welcoming hundreds of visitors every week. Its continued success is of utmost importance to us and strongly influenced our handling of the planning application and road closure proposals relating to the Dalby Street development.
Planning permission was granted following careful assessment of the development, of the needs of Talacre Gardens and the sports centre, and following consultation with all necessary parties.
Since then, detailed highway proposals have been drawn up, which the Council believes would provide much safer road and pedestrian access. Following a public inquiry, an independently appointed Highways inspector also agreed the new proposed access would be an improvement and would better serve visitors to the centre. The final decision on access, taking account of all the issues, is expected to be made shortly.
Assistant Director Planning
- 1 Dentist guilty of 'attempted sexual communication with a child'
- 2 Mayor of Haringey racially abused after Christmas event
- 3 Henrietta Barnett rated second best state school in the UK
- 4 Rainbow George: Hampstead 'dreamer' dies at 81
- 5 Hornsey Tavern to reopen as Irish sports pub
- 6 Out with Cafe Hampstead... in comes Oak & Poppy
- 7 Piano shop at risk of closure over business rates dispute
- 8 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 9 Primrose Hill: Menorah vandalised in hate crime incident
- 10 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre