Talacre Centre is sports provision at its best
I am the mother of four children aged under eight and we use Talacre Community Sports Centre pretty much every day. My children attend gymnastics and football classes and my toddler goes to Treetops and Babygym. Their schools also use the centre for spor
I am the mother of four children aged under eight and we use Talacre Community Sports Centre pretty much every day.
My children attend gymnastics and football classes and my toddler goes to Treetops and Babygym. Their schools also use the centre for sports classes.
Talacre is an incredible asset for parents in the area. My friends travel from as far as Willesden and Hackney to use it. It has been responsible for Camden becoming one of the most successful boroughs in competitive gymnastics.
I'm sure everyone who uses it would agree that it is an example of local sports centre provision at its very best - the kind of place the Olympic Committee should be looking at in formulating their plans for locally sustainable sports facilities after 2012.
You may also want to watch:
The current planning proposal to build a block of flats on Dalby Street will be a disaster for Talacre.
The idea of access to the flats, their underground carpark, and the Sports Centre, including deliveries, being coordinated by marshalls from a narrow road with no pavements and no passing space for larger vehicles, will throw the surrounding area into chaos.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
It will be difficult and dangerous for pedestrians, particularly those who use Talacre the most - including parents with pushchairs, groups of young school children, etc.
Talacre is one of our greatest assets. Let's hope its future isn't jeopardised for the sake of another block of flats.
Albert Street, NW1