Take a selfie with giant egg to support Hampstead’s indie shops
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Shoppers are being urged to support independent businesses by joining the selfie craze – and snapping themselves alongside a giant egg.
The Hampstead Shops Campaign last week unveiled a large Easter egg on a plinth in Flask Walk, Hampstead Village, to raise awareness of independent traders.
Residents and shoppers can take a selfie alongside the egg and the best pictures will win one of six bottles of champagne or an Easter hamper.
The egg is outside jeweller’s Joule for three weeks and was designed by artists at the Hampstead School of Art in Kidderpore Avenue, Hampstead.
Jessica Learmond-Criqui, who leads the Hampstead Shops Campaign, said: “Do think of our independent traders during the Easter break and do try to give them your custom. Remember, up to 70p in every £1 spent on the high street is recycled locally.”
You may also want to watch:
* Send your selfies to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E