Take a selfie with giant egg to support Hampstead’s indie shops
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Shoppers are being urged to support independent businesses by joining the selfie craze – and snapping themselves alongside a giant egg.
The Hampstead Shops Campaign last week unveiled a large Easter egg on a plinth in Flask Walk, Hampstead Village, to raise awareness of independent traders.
Residents and shoppers can take a selfie alongside the egg and the best pictures will win one of six bottles of champagne or an Easter hamper.
The egg is outside jeweller’s Joule for three weeks and was designed by artists at the Hampstead School of Art in Kidderpore Avenue, Hampstead.
Jessica Learmond-Criqui, who leads the Hampstead Shops Campaign, said: “Do think of our independent traders during the Easter break and do try to give them your custom. Remember, up to 70p in every £1 spent on the high street is recycled locally.”
You may also want to watch:
* Send your selfies to email@example.com
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 7 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late