Take a selfie with giant egg to support Hampstead’s indie shops
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Shoppers are being urged to support independent businesses by joining the selfie craze – and snapping themselves alongside a giant egg.
The Hampstead Shops Campaign last week unveiled a large Easter egg on a plinth in Flask Walk, Hampstead Village, to raise awareness of independent traders.
Residents and shoppers can take a selfie alongside the egg and the best pictures will win one of six bottles of champagne or an Easter hamper.
The egg is outside jeweller’s Joule for three weeks and was designed by artists at the Hampstead School of Art in Kidderpore Avenue, Hampstead.
Jessica Learmond-Criqui, who leads the Hampstead Shops Campaign, said: “Do think of our independent traders during the Easter break and do try to give them your custom. Remember, up to 70p in every £1 spent on the high street is recycled locally.”
You may also want to watch:
* Send your selfies to email@example.com
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 Royal Free and Whittington under pressure amid London 'major incident'
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres