Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- Credit: PA
Residents in Camden can now get a Covid test even if they don’t have symptoms of the virus.
Camden Council is offering free lateral flow tests for people without symptoms but who cannot work from home, meaning they have to travel to work.
The tests are available at Swiss Cottage Library; 33-35 Jamestown Road in Camden Town; the Charlie Ratchford Centre in Chalk Farm; and Triton Café near Great Portland Street tube station.
Having started on Tuesday (January 19), the scheme is for people who cannot work from home, or who cannot access testing through their employer.
Results from a lateral flow test arrive within 45 minutes and are aimed at identifying people who do not have symptoms of the virus, but who may be infectious.
You may also want to watch:
Appointments for the symptom-free tests must be booked in advance online. Centres are open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
Book a test using the links below.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 7 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses