Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- Credit: PA
Residents in Camden can now get a Covid test even if they don’t have symptoms of the virus.
Camden Council is offering free lateral flow tests for people without symptoms but who cannot work from home, meaning they have to travel to work.
The tests are available at Swiss Cottage Library; 33-35 Jamestown Road in Camden Town; the Charlie Ratchford Centre in Chalk Farm; and Triton Café near Great Portland Street tube station.
Having started on Tuesday (January 19), the scheme is for people who cannot work from home, or who cannot access testing through their employer.
Results from a lateral flow test arrive within 45 minutes and are aimed at identifying people who do not have symptoms of the virus, but who may be infectious.
You may also want to watch:
Appointments for the symptom-free tests must be booked in advance online. Centres are open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
Book a test using the links below.
- 1 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 4 Arsenal moving in right direction says Arteta
- 5 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 6 Thanks, traffic, Women's Day, U3A, Haverstock Hill and Covid
- 7 Arsenal Women enjoy victory at Villa
- 8 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 9 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: 'No news is bad news' ahead of end of sentence