Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- Credit: PA
Residents in Camden can now get a Covid test even if they don’t have symptoms of the virus.
Camden Council is offering free lateral flow tests for people without symptoms but who cannot work from home, meaning they have to travel to work.
The tests are available at Swiss Cottage Library; 33-35 Jamestown Road in Camden Town; the Charlie Ratchford Centre in Chalk Farm; and Triton Café near Great Portland Street tube station.
Having started on Tuesday (January 19), the scheme is for people who cannot work from home, or who cannot access testing through their employer.
Results from a lateral flow test arrive within 45 minutes and are aimed at identifying people who do not have symptoms of the virus, but who may be infectious.
You may also want to watch:
Appointments for the symptom-free tests must be booked in advance online. Centres are open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
Book a test using the links below.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates