Syed was campaigning hard against Lib Dem cuts
I M sorry that Syed Hoque has, with little cause or explanation, decided to join the Lib Dems. Just a couple of weeks ago, he was campaigning hard against the Lib Dems cuts on adult social care. He thought those cuts were wrong and hurt Camden s older vu
I'M sorry that Syed Hoque has, with little cause or explanation, decided to join the Lib Dems. Just a couple of weeks ago, he was campaigning hard against the Lib Dems' cuts on adult social care. He thought those cuts were wrong and hurt Camden's older vulnerable residents then. What does he think now?
When we stood together in Haverstock ward in the local elections in 2006, I remember that Syed wanted to stand up for local people. He hasn't made it clear how he's supporting all the people who voted for him and for the sadly missed Roy Shaw, who wanted a Labour councillor who would stand up for them and fight cuts like these.
Using Iraq as a justification excuse now seems strange, given he was happy to stand as a Labour candidate - and reserve his judgement on the war - as recently as 2006. He was happy to campaign hard for me in the Haverstock by-election the following year.
I'm disappointed that all those promises we made together to residents can be so easily tossed aside. Local people in Haverstock deserve better than this sort of petty politicking.
You may also want to watch:
Chair, Hampstead & Kilburn
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 10 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions