Syed was campaigning hard against Lib Dem cuts
I M sorry that Syed Hoque has, with little cause or explanation, decided to join the Lib Dems. Just a couple of weeks ago, he was campaigning hard against the Lib Dems cuts on adult social care. He thought those cuts were wrong and hurt Camden s older vu
I'M sorry that Syed Hoque has, with little cause or explanation, decided to join the Lib Dems. Just a couple of weeks ago, he was campaigning hard against the Lib Dems' cuts on adult social care. He thought those cuts were wrong and hurt Camden's older vulnerable residents then. What does he think now?
When we stood together in Haverstock ward in the local elections in 2006, I remember that Syed wanted to stand up for local people. He hasn't made it clear how he's supporting all the people who voted for him and for the sadly missed Roy Shaw, who wanted a Labour councillor who would stand up for them and fight cuts like these.
Using Iraq as a justification excuse now seems strange, given he was happy to stand as a Labour candidate - and reserve his judgement on the war - as recently as 2006. He was happy to campaign hard for me in the Haverstock by-election the following year.
I'm disappointed that all those promises we made together to residents can be so easily tossed aside. Local people in Haverstock deserve better than this sort of petty politicking.
Chair, Hampstead & Kilburn
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Unarmed man shot by police during prison break was ‘lawfully killed’
- 3 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 4 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 6 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 7 'Hostility for LGBT+ people': Mike Freer resigns from Boris Johnson's government
- 8 George Michael’s Highgate piano sells for £200,000
- 9 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 10 Father's fear autistic son will 'dive through' window of unsafe West Hampstead home