Syed was campaigning hard against Lib Dem cuts
I M sorry that Syed Hoque has, with little cause or explanation, decided to join the Lib Dems. Just a couple of weeks ago, he was campaigning hard against the Lib Dems cuts on adult social care. He thought those cuts were wrong and hurt Camden s older vu
I'M sorry that Syed Hoque has, with little cause or explanation, decided to join the Lib Dems. Just a couple of weeks ago, he was campaigning hard against the Lib Dems' cuts on adult social care. He thought those cuts were wrong and hurt Camden's older vulnerable residents then. What does he think now?
When we stood together in Haverstock ward in the local elections in 2006, I remember that Syed wanted to stand up for local people. He hasn't made it clear how he's supporting all the people who voted for him and for the sadly missed Roy Shaw, who wanted a Labour councillor who would stand up for them and fight cuts like these.
Using Iraq as a justification excuse now seems strange, given he was happy to stand as a Labour candidate - and reserve his judgement on the war - as recently as 2006. He was happy to campaign hard for me in the Haverstock by-election the following year.
I'm disappointed that all those promises we made together to residents can be so easily tossed aside. Local people in Haverstock deserve better than this sort of petty politicking.
You may also want to watch:
Chair, Hampstead & Kilburn
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'