Susie Gregson: the font of all local knowledge?
Permit me to add a belated footnote to the correspondence I referred to last week from Hampstead Way reader Betty Law, who wrote to me asking about the origins of this column s First of the Fourth title. In her very polite letter, Betty mentioned that be
Permit me to add a belated footnote to the correspondence I referred to last week from Hampstead Way reader Betty Law, who wrote to me asking about the origins of this column's First of the Fourth title.
In her very polite letter, Betty mentioned that before writing to me, she had sought the answer from her friend Susie Gregson but''even she didn't know!''
I'm not surprised to learn that in addition to being a key member of the excellent Proms at St Jude's organising team, Susie is fast gaining a reputation as the font of all local knowledge!
If that's so, perhaps she should be invited to join the Ham&High's occasional pub quiz team, which by all accounts isn't faring too well - although I'm proud to report that a team featuring yours truly and features writer Katie Masters recently succeeded in defeating all-comers at the highly-competitive Three Compasses Monday night pub quiz in Hornsey.
You may also want to watch:
Even the usually invincible Boundary Commissioners had to bow the knee on that rare occasion. To be fair, the frighteningly clever commissioners aren't often bettered by the likes of us - or anyone else for that matter.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue