Susie Gregson: the font of all local knowledge?
Permit me to add a belated footnote to the correspondence I referred to last week from Hampstead Way reader Betty Law, who wrote to me asking about the origins of this column s First of the Fourth title. In her very polite letter, Betty mentioned that be
Permit me to add a belated footnote to the correspondence I referred to last week from Hampstead Way reader Betty Law, who wrote to me asking about the origins of this column's First of the Fourth title.
In her very polite letter, Betty mentioned that before writing to me, she had sought the answer from her friend Susie Gregson but''even she didn't know!''
I'm not surprised to learn that in addition to being a key member of the excellent Proms at St Jude's organising team, Susie is fast gaining a reputation as the font of all local knowledge!
If that's so, perhaps she should be invited to join the Ham&High's occasional pub quiz team, which by all accounts isn't faring too well - although I'm proud to report that a team featuring yours truly and features writer Katie Masters recently succeeded in defeating all-comers at the highly-competitive Three Compasses Monday night pub quiz in Hornsey.
You may also want to watch:
Even the usually invincible Boundary Commissioners had to bow the knee on that rare occasion. To be fair, the frighteningly clever commissioners aren't often bettered by the likes of us - or anyone else for that matter.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat