Surrealist exhibits menu of shark jaw and puffer fish at Swiss Cottage Library
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Antique fish, mummified lizards and a shark’s jaw feature on the menu at Swiss Cottage Library this month as fine dining takes a surreal twist.
Surrealist Guy Stocker is among a range of artists displaying work at the library’s gallery, in Avenue Road, as part of the Camden Council-run OPEN OPEN exhibition.
The 57-year-old, of Greencroft Gardens, South Hampstead, is exhibiting 3-D installation A Serious Error of Judgement, featuring a range of weird and wacky creatures from his “cabinet of curiosities”.
He said: “It’s full of interesting things I’ve collected over the years: shark jaws, fossils, mummified lizards and chameleons.
“There’s an antique stuffed puffer fish in a frying pan with a shark jaw eating it and a frog sitting on top. It’s a surreal fine dining experience: imagine a meal prepared for you by the Addams family!”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition, which runs until August 17, offers artists a chance to exhibit their work for free.
If you wish to submit work to the exhibition, bring it along to Swiss Cottage Library Gallery on Saturday between 12pm and 4pm.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 8 New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
For more information e-mail email@example.com