Surrealist exhibits menu of shark jaw and puffer fish at Swiss Cottage Library
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Antique fish, mummified lizards and a shark’s jaw feature on the menu at Swiss Cottage Library this month as fine dining takes a surreal twist.
Surrealist Guy Stocker is among a range of artists displaying work at the library’s gallery, in Avenue Road, as part of the Camden Council-run OPEN OPEN exhibition.
The 57-year-old, of Greencroft Gardens, South Hampstead, is exhibiting 3-D installation A Serious Error of Judgement, featuring a range of weird and wacky creatures from his “cabinet of curiosities”.
He said: “It’s full of interesting things I’ve collected over the years: shark jaws, fossils, mummified lizards and chameleons.
“There’s an antique stuffed puffer fish in a frying pan with a shark jaw eating it and a frog sitting on top. It’s a surreal fine dining experience: imagine a meal prepared for you by the Addams family!”
The exhibition, which runs until August 17, offers artists a chance to exhibit their work for free.
If you wish to submit work to the exhibition, bring it along to Swiss Cottage Library Gallery on Saturday between 12pm and 4pm.
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 3 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 4 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 5 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 6 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 7 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 8 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 9 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****
- 10 How the battle for Hampstead Heath inspired the National Trust
For more information e-mail email@example.com