Surrealist exhibits menu of shark jaw and puffer fish at Swiss Cottage Library
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Antique fish, mummified lizards and a shark’s jaw feature on the menu at Swiss Cottage Library this month as fine dining takes a surreal twist.
Surrealist Guy Stocker is among a range of artists displaying work at the library’s gallery, in Avenue Road, as part of the Camden Council-run OPEN OPEN exhibition.
The 57-year-old, of Greencroft Gardens, South Hampstead, is exhibiting 3-D installation A Serious Error of Judgement, featuring a range of weird and wacky creatures from his “cabinet of curiosities”.
He said: “It’s full of interesting things I’ve collected over the years: shark jaws, fossils, mummified lizards and chameleons.
“There’s an antique stuffed puffer fish in a frying pan with a shark jaw eating it and a frog sitting on top. It’s a surreal fine dining experience: imagine a meal prepared for you by the Addams family!”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition, which runs until August 17, offers artists a chance to exhibit their work for free.
If you wish to submit work to the exhibition, bring it along to Swiss Cottage Library Gallery on Saturday between 12pm and 4pm.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
For more information e-mail email@example.com