Surrealist exhibits menu of shark jaw and puffer fish at Swiss Cottage Library
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Antique fish, mummified lizards and a shark’s jaw feature on the menu at Swiss Cottage Library this month as fine dining takes a surreal twist.
Surrealist Guy Stocker is among a range of artists displaying work at the library’s gallery, in Avenue Road, as part of the Camden Council-run OPEN OPEN exhibition.
The 57-year-old, of Greencroft Gardens, South Hampstead, is exhibiting 3-D installation A Serious Error of Judgement, featuring a range of weird and wacky creatures from his “cabinet of curiosities”.
He said: “It’s full of interesting things I’ve collected over the years: shark jaws, fossils, mummified lizards and chameleons.
“There’s an antique stuffed puffer fish in a frying pan with a shark jaw eating it and a frog sitting on top. It’s a surreal fine dining experience: imagine a meal prepared for you by the Addams family!”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition, which runs until August 17, offers artists a chance to exhibit their work for free.
If you wish to submit work to the exhibition, bring it along to Swiss Cottage Library Gallery on Saturday between 12pm and 4pm.
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 3 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 4 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 5 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org