Surrealist exhibits menu of shark jaw and puffer fish at Swiss Cottage Library
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Antique fish, mummified lizards and a shark’s jaw feature on the menu at Swiss Cottage Library this month as fine dining takes a surreal twist.
Surrealist Guy Stocker is among a range of artists displaying work at the library’s gallery, in Avenue Road, as part of the Camden Council-run OPEN OPEN exhibition.
The 57-year-old, of Greencroft Gardens, South Hampstead, is exhibiting 3-D installation A Serious Error of Judgement, featuring a range of weird and wacky creatures from his “cabinet of curiosities”.
He said: “It’s full of interesting things I’ve collected over the years: shark jaws, fossils, mummified lizards and chameleons.
“There’s an antique stuffed puffer fish in a frying pan with a shark jaw eating it and a frog sitting on top. It’s a surreal fine dining experience: imagine a meal prepared for you by the Addams family!”
The exhibition, which runs until August 17, offers artists a chance to exhibit their work for free.
If you wish to submit work to the exhibition, bring it along to Swiss Cottage Library Gallery on Saturday between 12pm and 4pm.
- 1 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 2 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 3 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 4 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 5 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 6 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 7 Camden Council settles £130m Chalcots lawsuit for £19m
- 8 Six Hampstead Town by-election candidates seeking votes on July 7
- 9 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 10 Paddling pool to be open all week after pipes replaced
For more information e-mail email@example.com