Support the Giving Tree and give a child some Christmas cheer
- Credit: O2 Centre
The Giving Tree has returned to the O2 Centre, which hopes to collect 600 gifts to donate to deserving children.
The centre, in Finchley Road has partnered with Camden Foster Care and Barnardo's charities, helping to spread Christmas cheer to children in need.
If you want to donate, find the Giving Tree at the main entrance, pick up a child's name tag, buy them an age-appropriate present, which you can then drop off in the collection box, staff will be on site to help with any enquiries.
Blair Mortimer, a social worker for Camden Foster Care, said: "As a fostering social worker with Camden and foster carer for 23 years, I feel passionate about children in care having the best experiences we can offer them.
"Christmas is such a difficult time for many looked after children for a number of reasons.
You may also want to watch:
"Having the support of the O2 Centre and the Giving Tree Appeal means so much to everyone because it enables us to provide gifts for the most vulnerable children and brighten this festival time for them.
"Feedback from shoppers has told us that you really appreciate the opportunity to show that communities care."
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar