Strictly star Kristina waltzes off with new car
- Credit: Archant
Strictly Come Dancing star Kristina Rihanoff was dancing with joy as she picked up a new car in Hampstead.
The 38-year-old dancer chose a silver VW Golf Match from the Alan Day showroom behind the 02 centre in Finchley Road.
Before she waltzed off with her new car she found time for a quick twirl with managing director Paul Tanner.
Kristina, who has not owned a car before, said: “I’m very excited, it’s a beautiful car and I decided it was about time I got one so I can get around town more easily.
“This will be my first time driving in the UK. I’m a bit nervous about driving in the rush hour because the roads can get a little crazy but I’m sure I will quickly get the hang of it. “
You may also want to watch:
She test drove several cars before finally deciding on the model.
Mr Tanner said: “We have never had anyone pirouette on the showroom floor before – I think Kristina likes the car.“
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
Kristina partnered 53-year-old Irish singer Daniel O’Donnell in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing series.
The pair were the third couple to be voted off after losing the dance-off to television presenter Kirsty Gallacher in October.