Store wars in Marylebone
STAFF from leading accountancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers are taking over a Marylebone charity shop as part of a store wars challenge. The finance team will be hosting a designer day at the Barnardo s store on George Street to raise as much money as
STAFF from leading accountancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers are taking over a Marylebone charity shop as part of a 'store wars' challenge.
The finance team will be hosting a 'designer day' at the Barnardo's store on George Street to raise as much money as they can for the children's charity.
They will be pitting their sales skills against 15 other teams from PwC's offices across the UK.
Among the exclusive items on offer will be high-end shoes, handbags, men's and womenswear, ski clothing and homeware - all collected and donated by the PwC's London office.
This is the second time that PwC has taken on this challenge - three offices in Scotland and one in Manchester raised over �13,000 in 2007.
Caroline Roxburgh, partner at PwC, said: "We believe that by harnessing the passion of our people to give something back to their community we can encourage them to get involved in projects like this which challenge and stretch their skills.
- 1 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 2 Graham Chapman's Highgate haunt gets a refurb
- 3 'Incredibly kind and caring': Tribute to wife who died with brain tumour
- 4 'Wet End Lane': Leak could take five days to fix
- 5 Arteta's Arsenal plan coming together nicely
- 6 'Let’s take the motor traffic out of Swiss Cottage'
- 7 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 10 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
"It's a win-win when we can share our skills and enthusiasm with our community partners and also demonstrate how recycling goods can improve our environment."
The Barnardo's store will be taken over by the 10-strong team on Thursday morning, with doors opening to the public at 9am.
Designers from prestigious department store, Harvey Nichols, will be fitting out the window display to ensure the store merits its 'designer' label.
There will also be a raffle with prizes include luxury holidays, designer handbags and X-Factor memorabilia.