Store wars in Marylebone
STAFF from leading accountancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers are taking over a Marylebone charity shop as part of a store wars challenge. The finance team will be hosting a designer day at the Barnardo s store on George Street to raise as much money as
STAFF from leading accountancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers are taking over a Marylebone charity shop as part of a 'store wars' challenge.
The finance team will be hosting a 'designer day' at the Barnardo's store on George Street to raise as much money as they can for the children's charity.
They will be pitting their sales skills against 15 other teams from PwC's offices across the UK.
Among the exclusive items on offer will be high-end shoes, handbags, men's and womenswear, ski clothing and homeware - all collected and donated by the PwC's London office.
You may also want to watch:
This is the second time that PwC has taken on this challenge - three offices in Scotland and one in Manchester raised over �13,000 in 2007.
Caroline Roxburgh, partner at PwC, said: "We believe that by harnessing the passion of our people to give something back to their community we can encourage them to get involved in projects like this which challenge and stretch their skills.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 9 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 10 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
"It's a win-win when we can share our skills and enthusiasm with our community partners and also demonstrate how recycling goods can improve our environment."
The Barnardo's store will be taken over by the 10-strong team on Thursday morning, with doors opening to the public at 9am.
Designers from prestigious department store, Harvey Nichols, will be fitting out the window display to ensure the store merits its 'designer' label.
There will also be a raffle with prizes include luxury holidays, designer handbags and X-Factor memorabilia.