Stop and Shop critics should eat their words
IT is easy to moan isn t it? Much harder and less fashionable to say Well done! or Jolly good! . Positive events aren t very often news. However Haringey Council is to be congratulated for at last overcoming the doom-mongers, Job s comforters and
IT is easy to moan isn't it? Much harder and less fashionable to say ''Well done!'' or ''Jolly good!''.
Positive events aren't very often news. However Haringey Council is to be congratulated for at last overcoming the doom-mongers, Job's comforters and gainsayers with the introduction of a fair, sensible, reasonably priced controlled parking zone for the Muswell Hill shopping area.
At 20p for 20 minutes it is cheaper that East Finchley (30p for 15 minutes) and it is already noticeable that it is easier to park and shop due to a higher and quicker turn-over of parked vehicles.
I think we'll find that once bedded in, local shop trade will increase as folks realise that street parking is more readily available.
You may also want to watch:
Of course the complainers will still carry on - but without any sensible or constructive alternative. For them, moaning is enough!
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 4 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 8 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 9 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
Fortis Green, N2