Stop and Shop critics should eat their words
IT is easy to moan isn t it? Much harder and less fashionable to say Well done! or Jolly good! . Positive events aren t very often news. However Haringey Council is to be congratulated for at last overcoming the doom-mongers, Job s comforters and
IT is easy to moan isn't it? Much harder and less fashionable to say ''Well done!'' or ''Jolly good!''.
Positive events aren't very often news. However Haringey Council is to be congratulated for at last overcoming the doom-mongers, Job's comforters and gainsayers with the introduction of a fair, sensible, reasonably priced controlled parking zone for the Muswell Hill shopping area.
At 20p for 20 minutes it is cheaper that East Finchley (30p for 15 minutes) and it is already noticeable that it is easier to park and shop due to a higher and quicker turn-over of parked vehicles.
I think we'll find that once bedded in, local shop trade will increase as folks realise that street parking is more readily available.
You may also want to watch:
Of course the complainers will still carry on - but without any sensible or constructive alternative. For them, moaning is enough!
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
Fortis Green, N2