Stop and Shop critics should eat their words
IT is easy to moan isn t it? Much harder and less fashionable to say Well done! or Jolly good! . Positive events aren t very often news. However Haringey Council is to be congratulated for at last overcoming the doom-mongers, Job s comforters and
IT is easy to moan isn't it? Much harder and less fashionable to say ''Well done!'' or ''Jolly good!''.
Positive events aren't very often news. However Haringey Council is to be congratulated for at last overcoming the doom-mongers, Job's comforters and gainsayers with the introduction of a fair, sensible, reasonably priced controlled parking zone for the Muswell Hill shopping area.
At 20p for 20 minutes it is cheaper that East Finchley (30p for 15 minutes) and it is already noticeable that it is easier to park and shop due to a higher and quicker turn-over of parked vehicles.
I think we'll find that once bedded in, local shop trade will increase as folks realise that street parking is more readily available.
You may also want to watch:
Of course the complainers will still carry on - but without any sensible or constructive alternative. For them, moaning is enough!
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
Fortis Green, N2