Exclusive: Dolce & Gabbana founder buys Primrose Hill home wanted by Hollywood couple
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Italian designer Stefano Gabbana, co-founder of global fashion brand Dolce & Gabbana, has bought a luxury Primrose Hill home after a bidding war with Hollywood couple Sam and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.
Milan-based Mr Gabbana purchased the luxury home in Regent’s Park Road, valued at £15.5million, from company Westheath Projects Limited, according to Land Registry documents.
It is understood that the billionaire fashion mogul had been locked in a fierce bidding battle with artist and film director Ms Taylor-Johnson and her actor husband, who already live in Primrose Hill.
But Mr Gabbana is believed to have finally outbid the couple last month to secure the home.
The 51-year-old set up luxury international fashion house Dolce & Gabbana with former partner Domenico Dolce.
They split romantically after 23 years in 2005 but continue to run their business together.
Ms Taylor-Johnson recently directed the film adaptation of erotic romance novel Fifty Shades of Grey, due for release next year.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests