Steamed Smoked Haddock on Spring onion and Crushed New Potatoes recipe
Steamed Smoked Haddock on Spring onion and Crushed New Potatoes topped with Poached Egg and Grain Mustard Sauce
Serves 4:4 x 200g Natural Smoked Haddock4 x Eggs Medium Size1 Ltr Fish Stock250ml Whipping Cream1 Bunch Chives1pt Milk500g New Potatoes50g Butter1 Dessert Spoon WholeGrain Mustard1 Sml. Onion100ml White WineSeasoning
METHOD:To Make the Sauce1. Finely dice the Onion, sweat off in half of the butter.
Add the fish stock and white wine and reduce by half.
You may also want to watch:
Add the cream and reduce to a sauce consistency. Chop half of the chives and add to the sauce along with the whole grain mustard and check for seasoning.
2. Cook the new potatoes in seasoned water. Remove from the water and add to the remaining butter and crush with a fork. Check for seasoning.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
3. Poach the smoked haddock.
4. Poach the Eggs.
5. To plate up, place the crushed new potatoes into the centre of a bowl.Place the haddock on top of the potatoes, followed by the poached egg and coat with the sauce.
6. Garnish with the remaining chives and serve.
RING O’ BELLS212 Hill Top Road, Thornton,Bradford, BD13 3QLHead Chef: Ian Booth