Steamed Smoked Haddock on Spring onion and Crushed New Potatoes recipe
Steamed Smoked Haddock on Spring onion and Crushed New Potatoes topped with Poached Egg and Grain Mustard Sauce
Serves 4:4 x 200g Natural Smoked Haddock4 x Eggs Medium Size1 Ltr Fish Stock250ml Whipping Cream1 Bunch Chives1pt Milk500g New Potatoes50g Butter1 Dessert Spoon WholeGrain Mustard1 Sml. Onion100ml White WineSeasoning
METHOD:To Make the Sauce1. Finely dice the Onion, sweat off in half of the butter.
Add the fish stock and white wine and reduce by half.
Add the cream and reduce to a sauce consistency. Chop half of the chives and add to the sauce along with the whole grain mustard and check for seasoning.
2. Cook the new potatoes in seasoned water. Remove from the water and add to the remaining butter and crush with a fork. Check for seasoning.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 3 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 7 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 8 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 9 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 10 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
3. Poach the smoked haddock.
4. Poach the Eggs.
5. To plate up, place the crushed new potatoes into the centre of a bowl.Place the haddock on top of the potatoes, followed by the poached egg and coat with the sauce.
6. Garnish with the remaining chives and serve.
RING O’ BELLS212 Hill Top Road, Thornton,Bradford, BD13 3QLHead Chef: Ian Booth