Steamed Smoked Haddock on Spring onion and Crushed New Potatoes recipe
Steamed Smoked Haddock on Spring onion and Crushed New Potatoes topped with Poached Egg and Grain Mustard Sauce
Serves 4:4 x 200g Natural Smoked Haddock4 x Eggs Medium Size1 Ltr Fish Stock250ml Whipping Cream1 Bunch Chives1pt Milk500g New Potatoes50g Butter1 Dessert Spoon WholeGrain Mustard1 Sml. Onion100ml White WineSeasoning
METHOD:To Make the Sauce1. Finely dice the Onion, sweat off in half of the butter.
Add the fish stock and white wine and reduce by half.
You may also want to watch:
Add the cream and reduce to a sauce consistency. Chop half of the chives and add to the sauce along with the whole grain mustard and check for seasoning.
2. Cook the new potatoes in seasoned water. Remove from the water and add to the remaining butter and crush with a fork. Check for seasoning.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
3. Poach the smoked haddock.
4. Poach the Eggs.
5. To plate up, place the crushed new potatoes into the centre of a bowl.Place the haddock on top of the potatoes, followed by the poached egg and coat with the sauce.
6. Garnish with the remaining chives and serve.
RING O’ BELLS212 Hill Top Road, Thornton,Bradford, BD13 3QLHead Chef: Ian Booth