Steamed Smoked Haddock on Spring onion and Crushed New Potatoes recipe
Steamed Smoked Haddock on Spring onion and Crushed New Potatoes topped with Poached Egg and Grain Mustard Sauce
Serves 4:4 x 200g Natural Smoked Haddock4 x Eggs Medium Size1 Ltr Fish Stock250ml Whipping Cream1 Bunch Chives1pt Milk500g New Potatoes50g Butter1 Dessert Spoon WholeGrain Mustard1 Sml. Onion100ml White WineSeasoning
METHOD:To Make the Sauce1. Finely dice the Onion, sweat off in half of the butter.
Add the fish stock and white wine and reduce by half.
You may also want to watch:
Add the cream and reduce to a sauce consistency. Chop half of the chives and add to the sauce along with the whole grain mustard and check for seasoning.
2. Cook the new potatoes in seasoned water. Remove from the water and add to the remaining butter and crush with a fork. Check for seasoning.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
3. Poach the smoked haddock.
4. Poach the Eggs.
5. To plate up, place the crushed new potatoes into the centre of a bowl.Place the haddock on top of the potatoes, followed by the poached egg and coat with the sauce.
6. Garnish with the remaining chives and serve.
RING O’ BELLS212 Hill Top Road, Thornton,Bradford, BD13 3QLHead Chef: Ian Booth