Stan Kroenke increases his Arsenal stake again
Stan Kroenke has moved closer to the takeover threshold at Arsenal after he purchased a further 417 shares from the estate of industrialist Ernest Harrison. The US sports magnate has now taken his overall stake in the club to 29.6 per cent. If he increase
Stan Kroenke has moved closer to the takeover threshold at Arsenal after he purchased a further 417 shares from the estate of industrialist Ernest Harrison.
The US sports magnate has now taken his overall stake in the club to 29.6 per cent.
If he increases that figure by a further 0.3 per cent, under City regulations he will be obligated to make a formal takeover.
The Arsenal Supporters Trust immediately issued a statement saying it believed Kroenke does not have designs on a takeover.
You may also want to watch:
"While the AST welcome Stan Kroenke's involvement, we agree with the sentiment of Peter Hill-Wood's statement at the recent AGM that there is no need for any shareholder to launch a takeover of the club.
"The AST believes in plurality of ownership.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 8 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 9 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
"If a takeover is launched by any party, we would seek urgent discussions with those involved.
"The AST has repeatedly stated that we are generally opposed to a takeover and would fight any plans that require the club to incur debt to pay for a takeover, as has happened at Manchester United and Liverpool.
"Arsenal is too important to be owned by any one person.