Stan Kroenke increases his Arsenal stake again
Stan Kroenke has moved closer to the takeover threshold at Arsenal after he purchased a further 417 shares from the estate of industrialist Ernest Harrison. The US sports magnate has now taken his overall stake in the club to 29.6 per cent. If he increase
Stan Kroenke has moved closer to the takeover threshold at Arsenal after he purchased a further 417 shares from the estate of industrialist Ernest Harrison.
The US sports magnate has now taken his overall stake in the club to 29.6 per cent.
If he increases that figure by a further 0.3 per cent, under City regulations he will be obligated to make a formal takeover.
The Arsenal Supporters Trust immediately issued a statement saying it believed Kroenke does not have designs on a takeover.
"While the AST welcome Stan Kroenke's involvement, we agree with the sentiment of Peter Hill-Wood's statement at the recent AGM that there is no need for any shareholder to launch a takeover of the club.
"The AST believes in plurality of ownership.
- 1 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 10 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
"If a takeover is launched by any party, we would seek urgent discussions with those involved.
"The AST has repeatedly stated that we are generally opposed to a takeover and would fight any plans that require the club to incur debt to pay for a takeover, as has happened at Manchester United and Liverpool.
"Arsenal is too important to be owned by any one person.