St Mungo’s home in Swiss Cottage raises £100 for breast cancer charity with cake sale
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a charity-run home for people with mental health issues have helped to raise more than £100 for another good cause.
The St Mungo’s supported accommodation project in Adamson Road, Swiss Cottage, took part in a charity “pink day” that brought in £104.51 for Breast Cancer Care.
Tenants and staff teamed up to bake pink cakes and make pink lemonade, raising money by selling their creations to members of the community last Wednesday.
Judith Higgin, from St Mungo’s, said: “It’s about connecting people back into the community.
“Our clients can often be the people who receive charity donations and we’re very grateful for those, but we think it’s fantastic when clients themselves are looking out into the community and seeing how they can help others.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a sign of wellbeing when you’re helping the community.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate