St Mungo’s home in Swiss Cottage raises £100 for breast cancer charity with cake sale
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a charity-run home for people with mental health issues have helped to raise more than £100 for another good cause.
The St Mungo’s supported accommodation project in Adamson Road, Swiss Cottage, took part in a charity “pink day” that brought in £104.51 for Breast Cancer Care.
Tenants and staff teamed up to bake pink cakes and make pink lemonade, raising money by selling their creations to members of the community last Wednesday.
Judith Higgin, from St Mungo’s, said: “It’s about connecting people back into the community.
“Our clients can often be the people who receive charity donations and we’re very grateful for those, but we think it’s fantastic when clients themselves are looking out into the community and seeing how they can help others.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a sign of wellbeing when you’re helping the community.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'