St John’s Wood fire: Mother and child escape blaze ‘caused by charging tablet’
- Credit: Archant
A St John’s Wood mother and child had a lucky escape this week when they fled a house fire last night.
The fire brigade believe the fire was caused when a tablet’s battery overheated whilst it was charging at the property on Frampton Road.
While both people were able to get out of the building before firefighters arrived, half of the ground floor flat suffered damage in the blaze.
A picture released by London Fire Brigade shows the fire and smoke devastated the entrance of the flat.
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to the scene at around 25 past nine, and it took until 10.45pm for the fire to be brought under control.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Paddington, Euston and North Kensington fire stations were involved in tackling the blaze.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12