Three Belsize Park friars 'make full recovery' following Covid battle
- Credit: St Dominic's
Three Dominican friars have left hospital after falling ill with Covid-19.
In January, Fathers Rudolf Löwenstein and Leo Edgar of St Dominic’s Priory, in Belsize Park were rushed to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead as their oxygen levels had dropped dangerously low. They were diagnosed with Covid.
Due to his age Fr Michael Dunn, 89, was taken to the Marie Curie Hospice in Belsize Park, where he was assessed by carers, a rapid response team, his GP and an emergency nurse.
Fr Lawrence Lew, prior and rector of London's Rosary Shrine, said parishioners were worried when they found out Fr Michael was sick.
“But I’m delighted to say that all three brothers have made a full recovery," he said.
You may also want to watch:
Fr Michael received the Sacrament of the Sick as he waited to be transported to the hospice.
Fr Lawrence said: “The purpose of the sacrament is to strengthen the person spiritually, so that they have the courage and strength to get through a difficult illness, or recover from illness or an operation of any kind."
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
He added: "I give thanks to God for healing Fr Michael."
St Dominic’s is a Catholic church which serves communities across north-west London.