Squatters invade Highgate mansion
SQUATTERS have struck again in Highgate – this time taking up residence in a �5million mansion just around the corner from The Bishops Avenue. The sprawling nine-bedroom house in Hampstead Lane with views over the Heath has been occupied by at least 10 pe
SQUATTERS have struck again in Highgate - this time taking up residence in a �5million mansion just around the corner from The Bishops Avenue.
The sprawling nine-bedroom house in Hampstead Lane with views over the Heath has been occupied by at least 10 people.
But now they are already anticipating being turfed out.
One mansion dweller spoke to the Ham&High but refused to open the front door. She said: "Court proceedings have started and we are expecting to have to move on very soon."
You may also want to watch:
Last summer, squatters briefly moved into the Grade II-listed Morven House in North Hill but were turfed out after just a few days. Elsewhere, squatters have turned up in unoccupied piles, including the former Mercedes showroom in Finchley Road, a former nurses' hostel in New End, Hampstead, and a mansion in Fitzjohn's Avenue.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Royal Free and Whittington under pressure amid London 'major incident'