Squatters invade Highgate mansion
SQUATTERS have struck again in Highgate – this time taking up residence in a �5million mansion just around the corner from The Bishops Avenue. The sprawling nine-bedroom house in Hampstead Lane with views over the Heath has been occupied by at least 10 pe
SQUATTERS have struck again in Highgate - this time taking up residence in a �5million mansion just around the corner from The Bishops Avenue.
The sprawling nine-bedroom house in Hampstead Lane with views over the Heath has been occupied by at least 10 people.
But now they are already anticipating being turfed out.
One mansion dweller spoke to the Ham&High but refused to open the front door. She said: "Court proceedings have started and we are expecting to have to move on very soon."
You may also want to watch:
Last summer, squatters briefly moved into the Grade II-listed Morven House in North Hill but were turfed out after just a few days. Elsewhere, squatters have turned up in unoccupied piles, including the former Mercedes showroom in Finchley Road, a former nurses' hostel in New End, Hampstead, and a mansion in Fitzjohn's Avenue.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Camden arts charity sets up award in memory of actor Helen McCrory