Squatters invade Highgate mansion
SQUATTERS have struck again in Highgate – this time taking up residence in a �5million mansion just around the corner from The Bishops Avenue. The sprawling nine-bedroom house in Hampstead Lane with views over the Heath has been occupied by at least 10 pe
SQUATTERS have struck again in Highgate - this time taking up residence in a �5million mansion just around the corner from The Bishops Avenue.
The sprawling nine-bedroom house in Hampstead Lane with views over the Heath has been occupied by at least 10 people.
But now they are already anticipating being turfed out.
One mansion dweller spoke to the Ham&High but refused to open the front door. She said: "Court proceedings have started and we are expecting to have to move on very soon."
You may also want to watch:
Last summer, squatters briefly moved into the Grade II-listed Morven House in North Hill but were turfed out after just a few days. Elsewhere, squatters have turned up in unoccupied piles, including the former Mercedes showroom in Finchley Road, a former nurses' hostel in New End, Hampstead, and a mansion in Fitzjohn's Avenue.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town