Tottenham supporting Serge Aurier after death of his brother
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Tottenham have confirmed Serge Aurier’s brother died in the early hours of Monday morning.
A club statement read: “The club is deeply saddened to confirm media reports that Serge Aurier’s brother passed away in the early hours of this morning.
“We are supporting Serge at this difficult time and we ask that the privacy of the player and his family is respected.
“Everybody at the club sends their sincerest condolences to Serge and his family. Our thoughts are with them all.”
Aurier played the full 90 minutes during Tottenham’s 2-1 win over Arsenal on Sunday, which lifted Spurs above their north London rivals.
Reports surfaced in the early hours of Monday that Aurier’s brother had died after his body was reported to have been found in Toulouse.
Tottenham have now confirmed his death and are supporting the right-back, who signed for the club in August 2017.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
Spurs are next in Premier League action on Wednesday when they take on Newcastle at St James Park.