Tottenham supporting Serge Aurier after death of his brother
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Tottenham have confirmed Serge Aurier’s brother died in the early hours of Monday morning.
A club statement read: “The club is deeply saddened to confirm media reports that Serge Aurier’s brother passed away in the early hours of this morning.
“We are supporting Serge at this difficult time and we ask that the privacy of the player and his family is respected.
“Everybody at the club sends their sincerest condolences to Serge and his family. Our thoughts are with them all.”
Aurier played the full 90 minutes during Tottenham’s 2-1 win over Arsenal on Sunday, which lifted Spurs above their north London rivals.
You may also want to watch:
Reports surfaced in the early hours of Monday that Aurier’s brother had died after his body was reported to have been found in Toulouse.
Tottenham have now confirmed his death and are supporting the right-back, who signed for the club in August 2017.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 4 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
Spurs are next in Premier League action on Wednesday when they take on Newcastle at St James Park.