Tottenham supporting Serge Aurier after death of his brother
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Tottenham have confirmed Serge Aurier’s brother died in the early hours of Monday morning.
A club statement read: “The club is deeply saddened to confirm media reports that Serge Aurier’s brother passed away in the early hours of this morning.
“We are supporting Serge at this difficult time and we ask that the privacy of the player and his family is respected.
“Everybody at the club sends their sincerest condolences to Serge and his family. Our thoughts are with them all.”
Aurier played the full 90 minutes during Tottenham’s 2-1 win over Arsenal on Sunday, which lifted Spurs above their north London rivals.
You may also want to watch:
Reports surfaced in the early hours of Monday that Aurier’s brother had died after his body was reported to have been found in Toulouse.
Tottenham have now confirmed his death and are supporting the right-back, who signed for the club in August 2017.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station
Spurs are next in Premier League action on Wednesday when they take on Newcastle at St James Park.