SPURS PREVIEW: Hull are on the slide, but still dangerous
HULL are looking to get their season back on track when they welcome Tottenham to the KC Stadium on Monday night. Phil Brown s side have begun to find life tough in the Premier League and have slipped to 12th spot after bagging just two points from their
HULL are looking to get their season back on track when they welcome Tottenham to the KC Stadium on Monday night.
Phil Brown's side have begun to find life tough in the Premier League and have slipped to 12th spot after bagging just two points from their past eight games.
The Tigers are playing in the top flight for the first time this season after winning the play-offs. Brown's men were this season's surprise package when they strung together an array of solid performances - highlighted by a shock win against Arsenal at The Emirates and a surprise draw with Liverpool at Anfield.
But Brown's men will take heart from their previous league game - a goalless draw against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge - and the manager will be demanding a repeat performance.
Yet, Hull were dealt a big blow this week with the news that record signing Jimmy Bullard is to have surgery on his troublesome knee injury. It was initially thought that the 30-year-old, who has played just once since joining from Fulham in January, would not need an operation.
Brown will be relying on first team regulars such as ex-Spur Dean Marney, Craig Fagan and Kamil Zayatte to land the points.
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 4 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 5 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 6 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 7 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 8 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 9 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 10 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square