SPURS PREVIEW: Cisse and Jones carry real threat for Sunderland
SUNDERLAND seek an immediate return to winning ways when they welcome Spurs to the Stadium of Light tomorrow. Ricky Sbragia s outfit lost 2-0 at Liverpool on Tuesday and currently lie 12th in the table with 31 points from eight wins and seven draws in a t
SUNDERLAND seek an immediate return to winning ways when they welcome Spurs to the Stadium of Light tomorrow.
Ricky Sbragia's outfit lost 2-0 at Liverpool on Tuesday and currently lie 12th in the table with 31 points from eight wins and seven draws in a tumultuous season that saw the departure of former boss Roy Keane in December.
The ex-Manchester United legend made way for Sbragia who was permanently appointed after an initial caretaker role.
The Black Cats have won three times in 2009 - against Fulham and Stoke in the league and Bolton in the third round of the FA Cup - along with two defeats and four draws. But Sbragia's outfit needs to bounce back to ensure they are not dragged into the relegation quagmire where no team in the bottom half of the table can be assured of safety.
You may also want to watch:
Djibril Cisse has done a lot to keep Sunderland within reach of mid-table security by scoring nine times in 22 league appearances this season. Kenwyne Jones looks intent on surpassing Cisse's tally and had already netted seven league goals in just 14 games. Phil Bardsley and Andy Reid arrived in the January transfer window and will be hoping to play against the Lilywhites.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 6 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 7 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?