SPURS PREVIEW: Can Harry burst the Hiddink bubble?
CHELSEA arrive at the Lane in buoyant form for Saturday s eagerly-awaited London derby. The Blues 1-0 win over Manchester City on Saturday was their fourth consecutive league victory and lifted them above Liverpool on goal difference into second spot. A
CHELSEA arrive at the Lane in buoyant form for Saturday's eagerly-awaited London derby.
The Blues' 1-0 win over Manchester City on Saturday was their fourth consecutive league victory and lifted them above Liverpool on goal difference into second spot.
And after Manchester United's shock home thrashing by Liverpool, Guus Hiddink's outfit find themselves just four points behind the reigning champions for the run-in.
Chelsea have been boosted by the timely return of Michael Essien and Ricardo Carvalho from injury. The Ghana international scored the winner against City and was also on target against Juventus in the Champions League last week.
Didier Drogba, who faces a late fitness test, is a striker reborn under Hiddink and is playing with a smile on his face.
But it is the English trio of John Terry, Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard who Hiddink - just as his predecessors Big Phil Scolari and Jose Mourinho did - will look to for the drive as the Blues chase cups on three fronts.
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 6 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 7 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 8 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 9 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 10 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
Spurs held the Blues to a 1-1 draw at the Bridge in August but much water - and heads - has flown under the clubs since then.