Spurs midfielder Wanyama joins MLS side Montreal Impact
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama has joined MLS outfit Montreal Impact on a free transfer.
Wanyama, 28, has made just four appearances for Spurs this season, with his only start coming in the Carabao Cup loss at Colchester United.
"We wish Victor well for the future," the Premier League club said.
Impact, managed by Arsenal great Thierry Henry, beat New Engand Revolution in their opening game of the Major League Soccer season on Saturday.
The Canadian club finished ninth in the Eastern Conference in the 2019 campaign, well short of the play-offs.
You may also want to watch:
Kenyan midfielder Wanyama became a key player for Spurs after arriving from Southampton in June 2016, making 47 appearances in all competitions as Mauricio Pochettino's side finished second in the Premier League behind Chelsea that season.
But a knee cartilage injury at the start of the following campaign, and more knee issues in 2018/19, derailed his Spurs career and limited him to just 24 more starts.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
Spurs agreed a £13.6m deal with Belgian side Club Bruges for Wanyama in August, but the move collapsed before the transfer deadline, and he now departs for Montreal.