Spurs midfielder Wanyama joins MLS side Montreal Impact
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama has joined MLS outfit Montreal Impact on a free transfer.
Wanyama, 28, has made just four appearances for Spurs this season, with his only start coming in the Carabao Cup loss at Colchester United.
"We wish Victor well for the future," the Premier League club said.
Impact, managed by Arsenal great Thierry Henry, beat New Engand Revolution in their opening game of the Major League Soccer season on Saturday.
The Canadian club finished ninth in the Eastern Conference in the 2019 campaign, well short of the play-offs.
You may also want to watch:
Kenyan midfielder Wanyama became a key player for Spurs after arriving from Southampton in June 2016, making 47 appearances in all competitions as Mauricio Pochettino's side finished second in the Premier League behind Chelsea that season.
But a knee cartilage injury at the start of the following campaign, and more knee issues in 2018/19, derailed his Spurs career and limited him to just 24 more starts.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
Spurs agreed a £13.6m deal with Belgian side Club Bruges for Wanyama in August, but the move collapsed before the transfer deadline, and he now departs for Montreal.