Spurs management say new signing must be patient
Tottenham have signed former Barcelona forward Cristian Ceballos, who will go into the club’s development squad after impressing on trial at the end of last season.
The diminutive 18-year-old, who can play as an attacking midfielder or forward, spent almost seven years at the Nou Camp after joining the Catalans at the age of 11.
He was released by the La Liga giants last season and trained with Chelsea in March, but the Blues declined to take him on.
Ceballos subsequently had a trial with Spurs at their Chigwell training ground, and the Lilywhites have seen enough potential to hand him a contract.
Technical co-ordinator Tim Sherwood, who is heavily involved in the development of Tottenham’s young players, said: “Cristian trained hard and showed some real quality when he originally spent time here towards the end of last season and was even involved in some of the first-team training.
You may also want to watch:
“There was other interest in him too. He needs to be patient and if he can fulfill his potential we believe he can play at the top level.”
You can follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'