Spurs management say new signing must be patient
Tottenham have signed former Barcelona forward Cristian Ceballos, who will go into the club’s development squad after impressing on trial at the end of last season.
The diminutive 18-year-old, who can play as an attacking midfielder or forward, spent almost seven years at the Nou Camp after joining the Catalans at the age of 11.
He was released by the La Liga giants last season and trained with Chelsea in March, but the Blues declined to take him on.
Ceballos subsequently had a trial with Spurs at their Chigwell training ground, and the Lilywhites have seen enough potential to hand him a contract.
Technical co-ordinator Tim Sherwood, who is heavily involved in the development of Tottenham’s young players, said: “Cristian trained hard and showed some real quality when he originally spent time here towards the end of last season and was even involved in some of the first-team training.
You may also want to watch:
“There was other interest in him too. He needs to be patient and if he can fulfill his potential we believe he can play at the top level.”
You can follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate