Spurs management say new signing must be patient
Tottenham have signed former Barcelona forward Cristian Ceballos, who will go into the club’s development squad after impressing on trial at the end of last season.
The diminutive 18-year-old, who can play as an attacking midfielder or forward, spent almost seven years at the Nou Camp after joining the Catalans at the age of 11.
He was released by the La Liga giants last season and trained with Chelsea in March, but the Blues declined to take him on.
Ceballos subsequently had a trial with Spurs at their Chigwell training ground, and the Lilywhites have seen enough potential to hand him a contract.
Technical co-ordinator Tim Sherwood, who is heavily involved in the development of Tottenham’s young players, said: “Cristian trained hard and showed some real quality when he originally spent time here towards the end of last season and was even involved in some of the first-team training.
You may also want to watch:
“There was other interest in him too. He needs to be patient and if he can fulfill his potential we believe he can play at the top level.”
You can follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach