Spurs Ladies’ Under-14s return from ESF Grand Finale with national title
Spurs Ladies’ Under-14s were crowned the best of the best as they returned from the ESF Grand Finale at St George’s Park with the national trophy.
The Tottenham Hotspur youngsters had earned their spot at the event after winning their regional tournament – the ESF festival at Butlin’s in Bognor Regis – earlier in the year.
They were consequently pitted against the three other successful teams in the Under-14 age group at the national football centre – and Spurs emerged triumphant again.
Competing in a round robin format, they won two and drew the other of their matches against Southampton Saints Girls, Rhydyfelin AFC and Molesey Juniors FC, scoring seven goals in total and only conceding two to take the title.
With 1,200 boys and girls entering the initial stage of the competition, Martyn Young from ESF Events said: “To be crowned ESF Grand Finale champions really is a fantastic achievement – the players and coaches and supporters should be really proud of themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“Congratulations to everyone involved with Tottenham Hotspur Ladies. We look forward to welcoming the team back to defend their crown at ESF 2017.”
For information on how to enter your team into ESF 2017, visit www.footballfestivals.co.uk.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 6 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 9 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?