Spurs Ladies’ Under-14s return from ESF Grand Finale with national title
Spurs Ladies’ Under-14s were crowned the best of the best as they returned from the ESF Grand Finale at St George’s Park with the national trophy.
The Tottenham Hotspur youngsters had earned their spot at the event after winning their regional tournament – the ESF festival at Butlin’s in Bognor Regis – earlier in the year.
They were consequently pitted against the three other successful teams in the Under-14 age group at the national football centre – and Spurs emerged triumphant again.
Competing in a round robin format, they won two and drew the other of their matches against Southampton Saints Girls, Rhydyfelin AFC and Molesey Juniors FC, scoring seven goals in total and only conceding two to take the title.
With 1,200 boys and girls entering the initial stage of the competition, Martyn Young from ESF Events said: “To be crowned ESF Grand Finale champions really is a fantastic achievement – the players and coaches and supporters should be really proud of themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“Congratulations to everyone involved with Tottenham Hotspur Ladies. We look forward to welcoming the team back to defend their crown at ESF 2017.”
For information on how to enter your team into ESF 2017, visit www.footballfestivals.co.uk.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 10 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley