Spurs suffer huge injury blow with Heung-Min Son suffering a fractured arm
- Credit: PA
Tottenham Hotspur have suffered another huge injury blow as they confirmed that Heung-Min Son will be out for “a number of weeks” after suffering a fractured arm against Aston Villa.
The South Korean star scored twice in the weekend's 3-2 win over Aston Villa, including a 94th minute winner, but he suffered an arm injury during the first half of the encounter at Villa Park.
A club statement said: "Heung-Min Son is to undergo surgery this week after sustaining a fracture to his right arm.
"The South Korea international suffered the injury during our win against Aston Villa on Sunday.
"Following surgery, our medical staff shall be reviewing management options for Son's rehabilitation with the player expected to be sidelined for a number of weeks."
You may also want to watch:
The injury will come as a major blow to Tottenham, with Harry Kane already sidelined with a hamstring injury, leaving them with very little options in attack.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'