Spurs suffer huge injury blow with Heung-Min Son suffering a fractured arm
- Credit: PA
Tottenham Hotspur have suffered another huge injury blow as they confirmed that Heung-Min Son will be out for “a number of weeks” after suffering a fractured arm against Aston Villa.
The South Korean star scored twice in the weekend's 3-2 win over Aston Villa, including a 94th minute winner, but he suffered an arm injury during the first half of the encounter at Villa Park.
A club statement said: "Heung-Min Son is to undergo surgery this week after sustaining a fracture to his right arm.
"The South Korea international suffered the injury during our win against Aston Villa on Sunday.
"Following surgery, our medical staff shall be reviewing management options for Son's rehabilitation with the player expected to be sidelined for a number of weeks."
You may also want to watch:
The injury will come as a major blow to Tottenham, with Harry Kane already sidelined with a hamstring injury, leaving them with very little options in attack.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate