Spurs handed plum Champions league tie against Young Boys
TOTTENHAM will face Swiss side Young Boys in their first ever Champions League tie after this morning s draw at Uefa headquarters in Nyon. It looks to be a very favourable draw for Spurs, who could also have drawn Auxerre, Sampdoria, Dynamo Kiev or Braga.
TOTTENHAM will face Swiss side Young Boys in their first ever Champions League tie after this morning's draw at Uefa headquarters in Nyon.
It looks to be a very favourable draw for Spurs, who could also have drawn Auxerre, Sampdoria, Dynamo Kiev or Braga.
However Young Boys, from the capital city of Bern, eliminated Fenerbahce on Wednesday night, winning 1-0 away in Turkey to seal a 3-2 aggregate victory.
Vladimir Petkovic's side have been playing at the 31,783-seater Stade de Suiss since 2005, a stadium which doubles as a national arena and cost 350million francs.
You may also want to watch:
Young Boys have a strong Swiss representation in their squad, with 15 members of their 25-man squad being home-grown.
Spurs' opponents do not boast any household names but midfielder David Degen is the twin brother of Liverpool's Philipp, who has just joined Stuttgart on loan.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Letter on shopping for one!
- 10 84 West Heath Road planning decision deferred again by Barnet Council
Meanwhile, 24-year-old defender Scott Sutter grew up in Enfield and supported Spurs as a youngster, before moving to Switzerland at the age of 16 to advance his football career.
Spurs will play the away leg of their tie first, travelling to Bern on August 17/18 before hosting Young Boys at White Hart Lane the following week on August 24/25.