Spurs face first home defeat since Redknapp's arrival
Spurs 0 Everton 1 TOTTENHAM crashed to their first defeat at White Hart Lane since the arrival of manager Harry Redknapp five weeks ago when they were beaten by Everton on Sunday. The Lilywhites had lost just once in nine games since Redknapp took over t
TOTTENHAM crashed to their first defeat at White Hart Lane since the arrival of manager Harry Redknapp five weeks ago when they were beaten by Everton on Sunday.
The Lilywhites had lost just once in nine games since Redknapp took over the managerial reins, but yesterday failed to preserve their five match unbeaten home record.
Tottenham failed to threaten the visitors in a lacklustre first half. The best chances for Spurs came from Tom Huddlestone in the ninth minute who drove the ball across the face of the Everton goal and Darren Bent who had a shot saved shortly before the break.
The visitors' broke the deadlock when Steven Pienaar netted the game's only goal in the 51st minute.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 3 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 4 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 6 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 7 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 8 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 O2 Centre development: MP Tulip Siddiq 'concerned' by plans
The South African's powerful strike struck Spur Vedran Corluka and was deflected into the net past the wrong-footed Heurelho Gomes.
Redknapp responded by bringing on Fraizer Campbell for Darren Bent, Gareth Bale for Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Kevin Prince-Boateng for Tom Huddlestone.
Roman Pavlyuchenko and Fraizer Campbell both had chances in the last ten minutes but failed to grab a late equaliser.