Spurs face first home defeat since Redknapp's arrival
Spurs 0 Everton 1 TOTTENHAM crashed to their first defeat at White Hart Lane since the arrival of manager Harry Redknapp five weeks ago when they were beaten by Everton on Sunday. The Lilywhites had lost just once in nine games since Redknapp took over t
TOTTENHAM crashed to their first defeat at White Hart Lane since the arrival of manager Harry Redknapp five weeks ago when they were beaten by Everton on Sunday.
The Lilywhites had lost just once in nine games since Redknapp took over the managerial reins, but yesterday failed to preserve their five match unbeaten home record.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham failed to threaten the visitors in a lacklustre first half. The best chances for Spurs came from Tom Huddlestone in the ninth minute who drove the ball across the face of the Everton goal and Darren Bent who had a shot saved shortly before the break.
The visitors' broke the deadlock when Steven Pienaar netted the game's only goal in the 51st minute.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
The South African's powerful strike struck Spur Vedran Corluka and was deflected into the net past the wrong-footed Heurelho Gomes.
Redknapp responded by bringing on Fraizer Campbell for Darren Bent, Gareth Bale for Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Kevin Prince-Boateng for Tom Huddlestone.
Roman Pavlyuchenko and Fraizer Campbell both had chances in the last ten minutes but failed to grab a late equaliser.