Spurs face first home defeat since Redknapp's arrival
Spurs 0 Everton 1 TOTTENHAM crashed to their first defeat at White Hart Lane since the arrival of manager Harry Redknapp five weeks ago when they were beaten by Everton on Sunday. The Lilywhites had lost just once in nine games since Redknapp took over t
TOTTENHAM crashed to their first defeat at White Hart Lane since the arrival of manager Harry Redknapp five weeks ago when they were beaten by Everton on Sunday.
The Lilywhites had lost just once in nine games since Redknapp took over the managerial reins, but yesterday failed to preserve their five match unbeaten home record.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham failed to threaten the visitors in a lacklustre first half. The best chances for Spurs came from Tom Huddlestone in the ninth minute who drove the ball across the face of the Everton goal and Darren Bent who had a shot saved shortly before the break.
The visitors' broke the deadlock when Steven Pienaar netted the game's only goal in the 51st minute.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
The South African's powerful strike struck Spur Vedran Corluka and was deflected into the net past the wrong-footed Heurelho Gomes.
Redknapp responded by bringing on Fraizer Campbell for Darren Bent, Gareth Bale for Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Kevin Prince-Boateng for Tom Huddlestone.
Roman Pavlyuchenko and Fraizer Campbell both had chances in the last ten minutes but failed to grab a late equaliser.