Spurs face first home defeat since Redknapp's arrival
Spurs 0 Everton 1 TOTTENHAM crashed to their first defeat at White Hart Lane since the arrival of manager Harry Redknapp five weeks ago when they were beaten by Everton on Sunday. The Lilywhites had lost just once in nine games since Redknapp took over t
TOTTENHAM crashed to their first defeat at White Hart Lane since the arrival of manager Harry Redknapp five weeks ago when they were beaten by Everton on Sunday.
The Lilywhites had lost just once in nine games since Redknapp took over the managerial reins, but yesterday failed to preserve their five match unbeaten home record.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham failed to threaten the visitors in a lacklustre first half. The best chances for Spurs came from Tom Huddlestone in the ninth minute who drove the ball across the face of the Everton goal and Darren Bent who had a shot saved shortly before the break.
The visitors' broke the deadlock when Steven Pienaar netted the game's only goal in the 51st minute.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 7 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
The South African's powerful strike struck Spur Vedran Corluka and was deflected into the net past the wrong-footed Heurelho Gomes.
Redknapp responded by bringing on Fraizer Campbell for Darren Bent, Gareth Bale for Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Kevin Prince-Boateng for Tom Huddlestone.
Roman Pavlyuchenko and Fraizer Campbell both had chances in the last ten minutes but failed to grab a late equaliser.