Spurs boss wants to sign ‘three fantastic players’
Harry Redknapp believes that Tottenham will need to sign “three fantastic players” this summer if they are mount a realistic challenge for the top four again next season.
Having recruited goalkeeper Brad Friedel last week, Spurs have had an offer for Brazil striker Leandro Damiao rejected, and are continuing their pursuit of Scott Parker – and Redknapp admits that his chairman Daniel Levy has some work to do in the close season.
“I want Daniel to go out and get three fantastic players now,” said the manager.
“You can’t say that just because we didn’t make the Champions League, we’re not going to improve next year. If you do that then we’re not going to get in it again.
“I certainly feel we need three players of real quality if we are going to compete, otherwise it will be very difficult.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t see why it’s not impossible to get into the Champions League again. I’ve said I want to win the championship with Tottenham. I want to win the Premier League.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17