Spurs boss wants to sign ‘three fantastic players’
Harry Redknapp believes that Tottenham will need to sign “three fantastic players” this summer if they are mount a realistic challenge for the top four again next season.
Having recruited goalkeeper Brad Friedel last week, Spurs have had an offer for Brazil striker Leandro Damiao rejected, and are continuing their pursuit of Scott Parker – and Redknapp admits that his chairman Daniel Levy has some work to do in the close season.
“I want Daniel to go out and get three fantastic players now,” said the manager.
“You can’t say that just because we didn’t make the Champions League, we’re not going to improve next year. If you do that then we’re not going to get in it again.
“I certainly feel we need three players of real quality if we are going to compete, otherwise it will be very difficult.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t see why it’s not impossible to get into the Champions League again. I’ve said I want to win the championship with Tottenham. I want to win the Premier League.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 10 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader