Spurs boss wants to sign ‘three fantastic players’
Harry Redknapp believes that Tottenham will need to sign “three fantastic players” this summer if they are mount a realistic challenge for the top four again next season.
Having recruited goalkeeper Brad Friedel last week, Spurs have had an offer for Brazil striker Leandro Damiao rejected, and are continuing their pursuit of Scott Parker – and Redknapp admits that his chairman Daniel Levy has some work to do in the close season.
“I want Daniel to go out and get three fantastic players now,” said the manager.
“You can’t say that just because we didn’t make the Champions League, we’re not going to improve next year. If you do that then we’re not going to get in it again.
“I certainly feel we need three players of real quality if we are going to compete, otherwise it will be very difficult.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t see why it’s not impossible to get into the Champions League again. I’ve said I want to win the championship with Tottenham. I want to win the Premier League.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 5 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 6 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 7 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 10 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent