Spurs boss wants to sign ‘three fantastic players’
Harry Redknapp believes that Tottenham will need to sign “three fantastic players” this summer if they are mount a realistic challenge for the top four again next season.
Having recruited goalkeeper Brad Friedel last week, Spurs have had an offer for Brazil striker Leandro Damiao rejected, and are continuing their pursuit of Scott Parker – and Redknapp admits that his chairman Daniel Levy has some work to do in the close season.
“I want Daniel to go out and get three fantastic players now,” said the manager.
“You can’t say that just because we didn’t make the Champions League, we’re not going to improve next year. If you do that then we’re not going to get in it again.
“I certainly feel we need three players of real quality if we are going to compete, otherwise it will be very difficult.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t see why it’s not impossible to get into the Champions League again. I’ve said I want to win the championship with Tottenham. I want to win the Premier League.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation