Spurs boss predicts signings – but rules out striker
Spurs boss confident he can add numbers to his squad
Harry Redknapp says that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is “trying desperately” to deliver the club’s top targets, and maintains that he expects one or two more summer signings.
However, the Spurs manager has denied suggestions that the Lilywhites are planning to move for Roma striker Mirko Vucinic.
Tottenham fans have grown increasingly restless by their club’s relative inactivity in the transfer market so far, with only free agent Brad Fridel arriving at White Hart Lane since the end of the last campaign.
However, Redknapp remains optimistic that the squad will be bolstered before the start of September, and he admits that he is in the market for a central midfielder.
You may also want to watch:
“Something might happen in the next week or so, we might get a bit stronger,” he said. “I think we will get one or two. The chairman’s trying desperately. He’s on the case, Daniel, and I think we’ll get one or two players in. I’d be happy if we could get three, for sure.
“At the moment we’ve got a problem. Tom Huddlestone’s going to see a specialist, he’s got a problem with his ankle. Wilson Palacios is coming back to fitness but he’s still not quite there.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
“He played the other night [against Leyton Orient], which is good for us, but Sandro’s out for three months, so it leaves us short in those areas.
“Of the senior players, we’ve only really got Luka Modric and Jermaine Jenas. Jake Livermore played against Brighton and I was pleased with Jake, but it’s an area that we do need to strengthen for sure.”
While Redknapp has admitted his interest in Valencia winger Juan Mata, he denies an interest in Serie A forward Vucinic.
“Is there any truth in that? Not really,” said the manager. “He’s a good player, don’t get me wrong, but at the moment there’s nothing there.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs