Tottenham Hotspur Women announce four departures
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Tottenham Hotspur Women announced four players have left the club following the expiration of their contracts.
Sophie Mclean, Chloe Morgan, Coral-Jade Haines and Welsh international Megan Wynne have all been told they are free to find new clubs.
Goalkeeper Morgan departs having made over 60 appearances in all competitions during two spells at the club – 22 of which came in the 2018/19 season as Spurs secured promotion from the FA Women’s Championship.
Haines spent three seasons at the club and made 55 appearances, registering seven goals across all competitions.
Mclean leaves after seven years at the club, during which she made 124 appearances an scored six goals in all competitions and helped the club win four trophies in 2016/17.
You may also want to watch:
Wynne has had three spells with Spurs in total but spent the second half of the 2019/20 season on loan at Bristol City, she also scored her first goal for Wales against Estonia in March.
Having initially signed on loan in 2013 and again in 2016, Wynne signed permanently in the summer of 2018 following a spell at Millwall Lionesses and made 45 appearances for Spurs in total.
- 1 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 2 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 3 Prince Philip's funeral: Camden firm Levertons to make arrangements
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 'Negligence put lives at risk': £10k fine after fire at unlicensed HMO
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Spurs boss Karen Hills told the club website: “I’d like to say a huge thank you to the players who are leaving us. It’s been an absolute privilege to work with them.
“It’s never easy saying goodbye to players who have been instrumental to the success of Spurs Women over the past few seasons, but we have made so many amazing memories together that will last a lifetime. I wish them the best in their next chapter.”
Joint head coach Juan Amoros added: “We have seen Sophie develop as a player from a young age and she has played a key part in two promotions. Chloe has shown that she is one of the best goalkeepers around and we are very proud of all she has achieved.
“Coral has given us moments of brilliance on the pitch and has been one of the most technically-gifted players to have ever played for Spurs Women. Megan is Spurs through and through and played a vital part in our promotion to the WSL. We cannot thank them enough for all their efforts.”