Spurs accept £20million 'compensation' as Robbie moves to Liverpool
ROBBIE Keane became the latest player to leave Tottenham when he joined Liverpool this week for a fee that could rise to £20.3m. Keane, 28, underwent a medical on Monday after agreeing personal terms on a four-year contract worth around £80,000 a week.
ROBBIE Keane became the latest player to leave Tottenham when he joined Liverpool this week for a fee that could rise to £20.3m.
Keane, 28, underwent a medical on Monday after agreeing personal terms on a four-year contract worth around £80,000 a week. Spurs said they agreed an initial fee of £19m plus a potential further £1.3m.
The Lilywhites have also agreed to drop their official complaint to the Premier League after Liverpool apologised for their conduct in pursuing the Irishman.
However, chairman Daniel Levy is still furious at the deal and said: "I was incredibly disappointed when I first heard, not only that Liverpool had been working behind the scenes to bring Robbie to Anfield, but that Robbie himself wanted to go and submitted a transfer request to this effect.
You may also want to watch:
"I don't regard it as a transfer deal - that is something which happens between two clubs when they both agree to trade - this is very much an enforced sale, for which we have agreed a sum of £19m as compensation plus a potential further £1.3m in additional compensation.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 8 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley