Spotted: Foxes enjoy morning stretch in Muswell Hill garden
- Credit: ruffco.studio
Early mornings can be a struggle - some prefer to wake up with a coffee and a browse of the newspaper, others energise themselves with exercise and a splash of cold water.
But these urban foxes opted for a leisurely stretch in a Muswell Hill garden to ease themselves into the day.
They were spotted by Steve Poole and his daughter at 7am on Thursday (February 13) in Palace Gates Road, near Alexandra Palace.
Mr Poole - a pet photographer for ruffco.studio - said of his garden guests: "They're lovely creatures - we're all dog lovers and the foxes are a close relative.
"My daughter has seen them before - we think there's a family living nearby - and they've been quite reserved. We expected them to run off at any time."
According to the British Trust for Ornithology, there are 18 foxes per square km in London, making it the second most densely populated urban area for foxes in Britain after Bournemouth, which has 23 per sq km.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Poole added: "Some people might see them as a pest but we enjoy having them around."
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 8 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 9 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient