Sport England objects to Mansfield Bowling Club plans
The quango in charge of English sport has objected to a controversial scheme to build housing on a historic bowling green.
Sport England is among dozens of objectors campaigning against plans to redevelop the 100-year-old Mansfield Bowling Club – which is now closed – in Croftdown Road, Dartmouth Park.
Generator Group wantd to build 21 homes, tennis courts, a sports pavilion and community garden on land left to the public by philanthropist Angela Burdett-Coutts.
It has lodged an application with Camden Council.
In its objection, Sport England, which works with the government to promote sport, said: “The application results in the loss of existing buildings and land currently in sporting use.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Generator Group said the council-audited report that accompanies the application confirms the proposals would provide maximum benefit for the local community in terms of sport and leisure facilities.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue