Special delivery: St Mary's birth centre's first arrival
THE new birth centre at St Mary s Hospital has welcomed its first baby – just one day after opening. Reilly Glenn Boothe was born at 8.29pm on Thursday last week, weighing 8lb 14oz. Parents Emma McGuane, 22, and Glenn Boothe, 32, were full of praise for s
THE new birth centre at St Mary's Hospital has welcomed its first baby - just one day after opening.
Reilly Glenn Boothe was born at 8.29pm on Thursday last week, weighing 8lb 14oz.
Parents Emma McGuane, 22, and Glenn Boothe, 32, were full of praise for staff at the centre in Paddington.
Ms McGuane, who was born at St Mary's herself, said: "The birth centre was fantastic. I had real one-to-one care and the staff were friendly, supportive and put my partner and family at ease.
"I was worried about giving birth. But the midwives made me feel at home and let me work at my own pace."
The centre opened on June 4 and cost an estimated £1.4million.
- 1 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 2 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 3 Barnet, Camden and Haringey receive boost for low vaccine uptake
- 4 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 5 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 6 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 7 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 8 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 9 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 10 'Our walking and cycling plan will make Haringey safer and cleaner'
It has five en suite bedrooms kitted out with double beds, mats, birth stools and hammocks. The rooms have also been fitted with birth pools, wet rooms and corner baths.
Ms McGuane added: "As I had my own room and double-bed, my partner could stay with me and we spent our baby's first night together.
"We had an en suite bathroom and TV too - it was like being at a five-star hotel.