Special delivery: St Mary's birth centre's first arrival
THE new birth centre at St Mary s Hospital has welcomed its first baby – just one day after opening. Reilly Glenn Boothe was born at 8.29pm on Thursday last week, weighing 8lb 14oz. Parents Emma McGuane, 22, and Glenn Boothe, 32, were full of praise for s
THE new birth centre at St Mary's Hospital has welcomed its first baby - just one day after opening.
Reilly Glenn Boothe was born at 8.29pm on Thursday last week, weighing 8lb 14oz.
Parents Emma McGuane, 22, and Glenn Boothe, 32, were full of praise for staff at the centre in Paddington.
Ms McGuane, who was born at St Mary's herself, said: "The birth centre was fantastic. I had real one-to-one care and the staff were friendly, supportive and put my partner and family at ease.
You may also want to watch:
"I was worried about giving birth. But the midwives made me feel at home and let me work at my own pace."
The centre opened on June 4 and cost an estimated £1.4million.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 4 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
It has five en suite bedrooms kitted out with double beds, mats, birth stools and hammocks. The rooms have also been fitted with birth pools, wet rooms and corner baths.
Ms McGuane added: "As I had my own room and double-bed, my partner could stay with me and we spent our baby's first night together.
"We had an en suite bathroom and TV too - it was like being at a five-star hotel.