South Hampstead schoolgirl filmed by stalker
Police are hunting a man who followed and filmed a teenage girl as she walked to school in Hampstead.
The 13-year-old year eight pupil was walking down Maresfield Gardens to South Hampstead High School yesterday morning when a man in his 30s approached her and began filming her on his mobile phone.
A South Hampstead spokeswoman said: “He came right up to her and spoke to her. She kept walking and when she got to school she went straight in and told teachers.”
Teachers reported the incident to police who came to the school.
In an email to parents, the school said: The police were informed and will be patrolling both before and after school. Please could you reinforce the message to your daughters that, if they should feel unsafe in any way, they must immediately call the police on 999.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman described the suspect as of Asian appearance, aged between 25-35, with cropped black hair and short black beard and wearing tracksuit bottoms, a white t-shirt and dark overcoat.
Anyone with information about the incident at around 8;40am on January 21 should call 101.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill