South Hampstead schoolgirl filmed by stalker
Police are hunting a man who followed and filmed a teenage girl as she walked to school in Hampstead.
The 13-year-old year eight pupil was walking down Maresfield Gardens to South Hampstead High School yesterday morning when a man in his 30s approached her and began filming her on his mobile phone.
A South Hampstead spokeswoman said: “He came right up to her and spoke to her. She kept walking and when she got to school she went straight in and told teachers.”
Teachers reported the incident to police who came to the school.
In an email to parents, the school said: The police were informed and will be patrolling both before and after school. Please could you reinforce the message to your daughters that, if they should feel unsafe in any way, they must immediately call the police on 999.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman described the suspect as of Asian appearance, aged between 25-35, with cropped black hair and short black beard and wearing tracksuit bottoms, a white t-shirt and dark overcoat.
Anyone with information about the incident at around 8;40am on January 21 should call 101.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres