Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- Credit: Michael Boniface
A cyclist was taken to hospital after a car smashed through a garden wall in South Hampstead.
Police and paramedics attended the collision at around 8am on Monday morning (April 19) at the junction of Belsize Lane, College Crescent and Fitzjohn’s Avenue.
The female cyclist, in her 30s, was taken to hospital with arm and leg injuries which were described by police as “serious” but not life-threatening.
The crash left a Mercedes-Benz V220d – a people carrier – stranded between the road and a neighbour’s garden in a rubble of bricks, after a perimeter wall was knocked down.
Four hours after the collision, residents of the house and the owner of the vehicle were still left waiting for recovery services to remove the car and clear the debris.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and was taken to hospital as a precaution for the treatment of a leg injury.
Police say their enquiries continue into the circumstances of the crash.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair