Soprano Lesley Garrett to headline Proms at St Jude’s Festival
- Credit: Archant
The programme for this year’s Proms at St Jude’s has been launched with the news that internationally-renowned soprano Lesley Garrett will headline the annual festival.
On Sunday, festival organisers held a special launch evening at The Henrietta Barnett School, in Central Square, Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Guests on the night were treated to a performance of French songs, including Sous le ciel de Paris, by mezzo soprano Grace Durham, a former Henrietta Barnett pupil, and pianist Juliane Gallant.
This year’s festival will take place in and around Central Square from Saturday, June 21 to Sunday, June 29.
Other notable artists set to perform over the week include pianist Llyr Williams and violinist Tamsin Little.
You may also want to watch:
See the full programme and book online at www.promsatstjudes.org.uk
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill