Soprano Lesley Garrett to headline Proms at St Jude’s Festival
- Credit: Archant
The programme for this year’s Proms at St Jude’s has been launched with the news that internationally-renowned soprano Lesley Garrett will headline the annual festival.
On Sunday, festival organisers held a special launch evening at The Henrietta Barnett School, in Central Square, Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Guests on the night were treated to a performance of French songs, including Sous le ciel de Paris, by mezzo soprano Grace Durham, a former Henrietta Barnett pupil, and pianist Juliane Gallant.
This year’s festival will take place in and around Central Square from Saturday, June 21 to Sunday, June 29.
Other notable artists set to perform over the week include pianist Llyr Williams and violinist Tamsin Little.
You may also want to watch:
See the full programme and book online at www.promsatstjudes.org.uk
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute