Soprano Lesley Garrett to headline Proms at St Jude’s Festival
- Credit: Archant
The programme for this year’s Proms at St Jude’s has been launched with the news that internationally-renowned soprano Lesley Garrett will headline the annual festival.
On Sunday, festival organisers held a special launch evening at The Henrietta Barnett School, in Central Square, Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Guests on the night were treated to a performance of French songs, including Sous le ciel de Paris, by mezzo soprano Grace Durham, a former Henrietta Barnett pupil, and pianist Juliane Gallant.
This year’s festival will take place in and around Central Square from Saturday, June 21 to Sunday, June 29.
Other notable artists set to perform over the week include pianist Llyr Williams and violinist Tamsin Little.
You may also want to watch:
See the full programme and book online at www.promsatstjudes.org.uk
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17