Solitary fan denied cinematic helping of Sex And The City
SINGLE women after a bit of Sex And The City in Hampstead must have a date – as single cinema seats are a no-no. Frognal resident Debbie Davidson loved the hit TV series starring Sarah Jessica Parker as a newspaper columnist and her quest for the ideal m
SINGLE women after a bit of Sex And The City in Hampstead must have a date - as single cinema seats are a no-no.
Frognal resident Debbie Davidson loved the hit TV series starring Sarah Jessica Parker as a newspaper columnist and her quest for the ideal man.
When the 35-year-old theatre director found out that her Mr Big was on a business trip next Wednesday when the film is released, she began thinking about a special day out for herself.
"I thought I would treat myself - knock off work early, go for some Cosmopolitan cocktails and then go to the premiere at the Everyman," she said. "I thought I'd upgrade to the Club Gallery seat but for some reason they wouldn't allow me to book a single seat online."
You may also want to watch:
Everyman IT systems manager Jesper Larsen said the computer booking system would not allow single-seat bookings, where it left an adjoining seat empty.
He said: "I understand where she is coming from - 95 per cent of people can book online, but if anyone has a problem like this they should just call us up."
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
Picture by Nigel Sutton