Society is working hard to preserve street name legacy
I would like strongly to re-assure Mr Bryan Diamond that the Heath & Hampstead Society will not allow the ceramic street names that add such charm and character to the streets of Hampstead to crumble and disappear (Ceramic street names must be preserved,
I would like strongly to re-assure Mr Bryan Diamond that the Heath & Hampstead Society will not allow the ceramic street names that add such charm and character to the streets of Hampstead to crumble and disappear (Ceramic street names must be preserved, H&H letters May 15).
We are currently engaged in an ongoing project with the London Borough of Camden to conserve these much loved signs. The project involves the following process:
The area has been divided into six distinct zones/phases. Every zone is paintstakingly surveyed. Each sign that might require attention is photographed and assessed.
We then put together a full report for the Camden street team with our suggestions as to whether a sign should be restored, replaced or even relocated.
You may also want to watch:
A proposal is then presented to Camden with our suggestions. Numerous site visits and discussions later, a schedule of works is agreed upon and the work is done.
We then re-visit our hard work, photographs are taken and then the results are there for all to enjoy.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
I will happily take a stroll with Mr Diamond at any time!
Heath & Hampstead Society