Society is working hard to preserve street name legacy
I would like strongly to re-assure Mr Bryan Diamond that the Heath & Hampstead Society will not allow the ceramic street names that add such charm and character to the streets of Hampstead to crumble and disappear (Ceramic street names must be preserved,
I would like strongly to re-assure Mr Bryan Diamond that the Heath & Hampstead Society will not allow the ceramic street names that add such charm and character to the streets of Hampstead to crumble and disappear (Ceramic street names must be preserved, H&H letters May 15).
We are currently engaged in an ongoing project with the London Borough of Camden to conserve these much loved signs. The project involves the following process:
The area has been divided into six distinct zones/phases. Every zone is paintstakingly surveyed. Each sign that might require attention is photographed and assessed.
We then put together a full report for the Camden street team with our suggestions as to whether a sign should be restored, replaced or even relocated.
You may also want to watch:
A proposal is then presented to Camden with our suggestions. Numerous site visits and discussions later, a schedule of works is agreed upon and the work is done.
We then re-visit our hard work, photographs are taken and then the results are there for all to enjoy.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 9 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
I will happily take a stroll with Mr Diamond at any time!
Heath & Hampstead Society