Society is working hard to preserve street name legacy
I would like strongly to re-assure Mr Bryan Diamond that the Heath & Hampstead Society will not allow the ceramic street names that add such charm and character to the streets of Hampstead to crumble and disappear (Ceramic street names must be preserved,
I would like strongly to re-assure Mr Bryan Diamond that the Heath & Hampstead Society will not allow the ceramic street names that add such charm and character to the streets of Hampstead to crumble and disappear (Ceramic street names must be preserved, H&H letters May 15).
We are currently engaged in an ongoing project with the London Borough of Camden to conserve these much loved signs. The project involves the following process:
The area has been divided into six distinct zones/phases. Every zone is paintstakingly surveyed. Each sign that might require attention is photographed and assessed.
We then put together a full report for the Camden street team with our suggestions as to whether a sign should be restored, replaced or even relocated.
You may also want to watch:
A proposal is then presented to Camden with our suggestions. Numerous site visits and discussions later, a schedule of works is agreed upon and the work is done.
We then re-visit our hard work, photographs are taken and then the results are there for all to enjoy.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home
I will happily take a stroll with Mr Diamond at any time!
Heath & Hampstead Society